A high-tech accounting software, QuickBooks is a highly trusted software by small and medium-sized businesses. It streamlines the accounting processes of a business, but alongside it is also prone to errors that freeze its functioning (i.e QuickBooks not working or not responding) for an excepted period of time. At that time, it is essential to find the solutions to the errors. TLS Error is one such error which means that there are some changes in QuickBooks Online Internet Explorer. The error is caused in a way that QuickBooks Online no longer supporting the Internet Explorer TLS.
Apart from this, due to this error, it gets difficult for a user to access QuickBooks online. And if the user tries to use another browser such as Google Chrome, he will not be able to do the needful as he would require to transfer the data from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online and that will only be possible with Internet Explorer as QuickBooks Desktop uses Internet Explorer inside the product.
Why does QuickBooks TLS Error Occur?
TLS Error occurs when a user tries to use QuickBooks in order to update on security changes of the Transport security layer. If you are a user of QuickBooks and you are also facing a TLS error, then you need to verify the security setting of your Internet Explorer browser. This verification will ensure that it has been enabled for TLS 1.2.
Move to QuickBooks Online from QuickBooks Desktop
It has been a year that QuickBooks Online does not support Internet Explorer TLS and TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1. If using QuickBooks online, it is necessary to know that the web human setting of TLS 1.2 is required for it. This way you will get access to QuickBooks Online through Internet Explorer.
For Windows 10 Users:
With in-built Internet Explorer 11, Windows 10 has TLS 1.2 which is enabled by default.
Following the steps given below can help you verify that TLS 1.2 is enabled.
- Close QuickBooks Desktop and open Internet Explorer
- Select Internet Explorer from the Tools menu
- Choose the Advanced Tab and scroll down to the Security section
- Check if TLS 1.2 is enabled. If not, check the box in order to enable it.
- Click on Apply and then OK
- Now, select Internet Explorer and reopen QuickBooks Desktop.
- Check if the issue is resolved.
For Windows 7/8/8.1 Users:
It is advisable to upgrade to Internet Explorer if you are using Windows 7/8/or 8.1 Operating System. If you wish to keep Internet Explorer, then you must enable TLS 1.2 in the settings of Internet Explorer. Moreover, if you have Internet Explorer 11, you should ensure that TLS 1.2 is enabled.
Follow the below steps:
- Close QuickBooks Desktop and open Internet Explorer.
- Select Internet Options from the drop-down of the Tools menu.
- Choose Advanced Tab and click on the Security section
- Click and Check whether TLS 1.2 is enabled or not. If it is not enabled, check the box and enable it.
- Click on Apply and then click OK.
- Close Internet Explorer and then reopen QuickBooks Desktop.
- Check if the issue has been resolved.
For Windows XP or Vista users:
Until and unless you upgrade your Windows Operating system to the latest release and is supported by Microsoft, you will not be able to upgrade past ‘Internet Explorer 8‘ on ‘Windows XP‘ or ‘Vista‘.
Note: In case, you are still not able to export QuickBooks Desktop data to QuickBooks Online or facing a TLS error, then you can connect with us for more details and can seek QuickBooks Online Support and assistance.
If you are trying to access or sign in to QuickBooks Online
Check your operating system first because your TLS settings are depending on your operating system (OS) version. If you are accessing QuickBooks Online from Internet Explorer perform the given steps.
For Windows 10 User
If you are a Windows 10 user then by default there is already Internet Explorer V11 and TLS 1.2. To check TLS 1.2 enable or not, perform the below-given steps:
- Firstly you need to click on the Tools menu on Internet Explorer.
- Then select Internet Options.
- Hit a click on the Advanced tab and then scroll down to the Security section.
- To Verify it, check if you have ‘TLS 1.2’ enabled or not, if not then mark/check the box to enable it.
- Now hit click on OK.
- Close the Internet Explorer browser and then reopen it again.
- Finally, sign in to https://qbo.intuit.com
For Windows 7/8/8.1
If you are a Windows 7/8/8.1 user then you have to upgrade your Internet Explorer browser to the latest release. Another method you have to enable TLS 1.2 from your IE settings if you don’t want to upgrade your Internet explorer browser.
If you upgrade your IE browser to the latest or you have Internet Explorer 11, then verify your TLS settings below.
- From the Tools menu click on Internet Explorer.
- Choose Internet Options.
- Click on the Advanced tab and then scroll down and go to the Security section.
- Now Verify that TLS 1.2 is enabled (checked). If you see that it’s not enabled then enable it.
- Click on the OK button.
- Close Internet Explorer and then reopen it. Now sign in to https://qbo.intuit.com
For Windows XP or Vista
If you are a Windows XP or Vista user then you are aware that you can’t upgrade the past Internet Explorer (IE) 8 on Windows XP or Vista. In this case, you must have to upgrade your windows operating system to the latest release that is officially supported by Microsoft.
Read Also: Fixation of QuickBooks Error Code 6000, 83
If TLS 1.2 error continues after .net and TLS 1.2 operations are confirmed
If you still encounter this error after confirming TLS 1.2 procedures then adhere to these offered actions:
Firstly, you have to configure your Internet Explorer (IE) readying to Avoid TLS errors. Internet Explorer (IE) is the default browser for QuickBooks.
- First of all Click on Tools and then click on Internet Options.
- Now Select the delete option from the General tab.
- After that select Temporary Internet data files and Select Delete.
Note – Leave the remove cookies option unselect.
- Next, Currently, choose the LAN settings from the Connections tab, and choose LAN setups.
- And then Check the box beside the Automatically Detect Settings.
- Make sure that the Proxy servers are blank unless you make use of one.
Note: You could have to consult your IT administrator.
- Now Select and click on OK twice.
- Then scroll down about 3/4 of the way down in the list from the Advanced tab.
- Ensure that both SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 are inspected.
- If inspected after that you need to clear the box next to Check for publisher’s certification.
- Currently, scroll down from the exact same Advanced tab towards the bottom.
- And also ensure that TLS 1.2 is unchecked. If inspected, clear the checkbox.
You might also like: Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000, -301
We hope that this short article will help you to troubleshoot your TLS Error – QuickBooks Online Internet Explorer Security Changes. However, if you are still facing this error or want to chat with our representatives at any time.
Few other suggested articles