QuickBooks Accounting software is widely used and recognized software that has been developed by Intuit and offers great accounting services to the users. It is used by small as well as medium-sized businesses helping individuals and businesspersons to manage their accounting and bookkeeping effectively. This software has wide usage such that it is used in multi-user and networked environment. This is one of its great benefits that it allows more than one user to work on it online. Along with this, come frequent errors that may hamper the work of the user. A user can overcome these errors with appropriate customer support. QuickBooks customer support experts have their hands-on on all the editions and versions of QuickBooks. In this article we will discuss damaged QuickBooks database error and its soution.
There is no doubt in the fact the QuickBooks software products are least troublesome when compared to the other software applications available in the market. Each of the QuickBooks Products goes through a rigorous testing process. The software after many testing sessions has fewer chances to encounter problems. And in this case, QuickBooks customer support team lends a great help to the user by resolving the errors in no time.
QuickBooks is a software that has been especially built for the computers and other support devices. At Intuit QuickBooks Error Support, we have prepared our technical support professionals to resolve the issues in the least time possible and with maximum accuracy. Here in this article today we are going to discuss about one of the frequent error which is faced by many users “This is a Corrupt or Damaged QuickBooks Database”. Get Step-by-Step troubleshooting steps to resolve this error by your own.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code C=51?
What is Corrupt or Damaged QuickBooks Database Error?
Usually when QuickBooks database error occurs, the error is displayed on the screen as:
“Error: This is a corrupt or damaged QuickBooks database”
Here, we will discuss all the possible errors and the reason behind the occurrence of these errors. This will help you resolve the error to some extent. Also note that this error applies to all versions of QuickBooks accounting software.
Note: This error may occur on all the QuickBooks software versions.
With the huge database server, QuickBooks allows many businesses to manage their company data and access the data easily. It is known to all the users that QuickBooks has a vast virtual space and this leads to some errors with the database. Among all the errors, one is corrupt or damaged QuickBooks database.
This error makes it difficult for the users to understand. If you are encountering this error for the first time, then you should seek the proper QuickBooks help & support to resolve your issues. Our Customer oriented support team is available round the clock and is highly experienced. A computer software program, Database is mainly used to store and retrieve information through an internet connection. In the same manner, QuickBooks database lets a user not just access, but also store and retrieve the company data files. This can be done on a system, smart phone or on a tablet.
Possible causes of this error
QuickBooks database usually encounters problems or errors unknowingly. And in this case, it also throws up errors that need to treated and resolved seriously. In its conventional database, the lack of resilience comes to the surface and the .QWB file makes it difficult to determine the file corruption. When QuickBooks detect the files, most often they become corrupt. Thus, to resolve these errors, you need to have a guided step-by-step process, and also a QuickBooks file recovery solution.
If the error has occurred and you try to access the QuickBooks, then this message will appear: “Error: This is a corrupt or damaged QuickBooks database.” There are few chances that the error occurs due to the network problem, In that case, we would advise you to:
- Choose Close Company/Log off option in QuickBooks
- And then run the Verify Data utility
- This option can be found in the QuickBooks File menu
Moreover, it is worth noting that if the file is corrupt, QuickBooks will display message- “Data has lost integrity”. So, as and when you receive this message, repair the file or connect with the reliable customer support team so that they can assist you.
Steps to Fix Corrupt or Damaged QuickBooks Database Error
Step 1: Install and Run Rebuild Utility
Run the Rebuild utility to repair the corrupt database file. Before running Rebuild utility, follow the below steps:
- Copy the file to the local drive of it is stored on a network drive.
- Ensure that items like Accounts, Customer Name are not hidden.
- After this, you can run the Rebuild Utility.
- Now, go to QuickBooks File menu and find this utility.
- This will give you a message to backup the affected file.
- After running Rebuild utility, return to the Verify Data Utility.
Step 2: Run QuickBooks File Doctor
- Open the tool hub and select Company File Issues
- Select Run QuickBooks File Doctor
- Wait until that repair tool opens, if it takes too long or doesn’t open, open it manually from QuickBooks Desktop
- Browse or select your QB company file from the drop-down menu
- Select Check your file (option in the middle) and then Continue
- Enter Admin password for QuickBooks and hit Next
- The scan should take approximately 5 minutes. However, the time taken in the process also depends on your file size
- Try to open your file even if File Doctor scan result shows unsuccessful. You may receive that message even if the gets solved
Read Also: How to Check QuickBooks Product Version and Release?
Step 3: Repair your company file manually by rebuilding your data
The following steps will allow you fix the database manually. Always create a backup of your data before performing the below-mentioned steps. If you are not comfortable in performing the manual repair, contact a specialist.
- Open QuickBooks and go to the File menu
- Then hover your mouse over Utilities and tap Verify Data
- Wait while the tool checks your file for data issues
- Next, from the Verify Results screen, choose Expand All to see the errors
- Once you have the list of errors, proceed to fix them accordingly
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6073?
If you still face any problem, you can connect with Intuit Certified ProAdvisors. Our QuickBooks Customer Support specialists are constantly there to assist you with 24 hour of customer service. For more details concerning the errors. We will be more happy to help you.
Few other helpful articles
How to fix QuickBooks Error: you are currently not subscribed to any services?
QuickBooks Error: The attempt to log in with the username failed