For the past decade, QuickBooks has emerged as one of the best accounting payroll software in the world. It’s not only packed with powerful features but also assists in simplifying the business. Some of the features this application has are automatic tax calculations, e-payment, free transactions, and many more. And that is why it is being used by small and medium businesses all across the globe. But as it is software, users often face certain issues with it and in this article, we will discuss the most common QuickBooks Payroll errors & their solutions.
Most of the QuickBooks Payroll error happens when customers try to update the payroll software or the tax table or try to set an employee up for a child support deduction, try to pay employees, and more.
You may also read: What is QuickBooks error code 80070057?
What can occur these errors
Below are a few of the reasons for the errors.
- Incorrect billing information
- Damaged QuickBooks company file
- Users have not registered their QuickBooks software
- A tax table file in the payroll folder is damaged.
Common QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Errors
Here is a list of the most common QuickBooks desktop payroll errors:
- QuickBooks Payroll Error PS077
- QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Error 15243
- Payroll Error PS058
- QuickBooks Payroll Update Error
- Intuit QuickBooks Error PS032
- QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159
- QB Payroll Error PS033
- QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 17337
- QuickBooks Error Code 15241
- QuickBooks Error Code 15102
See Also: What is QuickBooks error code 6000?
How to fix QuickBooks Payroll Most Common Errors?
To get the errors resolved, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps.
Solution 1: Run a Repair on QuickBooks
- The first thing to do is click on the “Start” button and select “Control Panel“
- After this double-click “Add or Remove” Programs
- After that, You need to select the QuickBooks program
- And then click on “Change or Remove Program” option
- In the QuickBooks Installation window click on “Next” button
- In the QuickBooks Maintenance Window select on Repair, then click on “Next” and then click on “Repair” button
- Finally, click on Finish in the QuickBooks Maintenance Complete Window
Solution 2: Uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks
If the first step doesn’t work for you the Uninstall and Reinstall the QuickBooks:
- First of all, Click on the Microsoft Windows “Start” button and then choose the “Control Panel“.
- After that you have to manually remove the following QuickBooks installation folders.
- C:\Program Files\Intuit
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Intuit
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Common Files\Intuit
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents (Shared Documents)\Intuit
That’s all on our behalf. We hope that the above-given solution methods work for you and that now you are capable to solve Intuit Payroll-related most common errors.
Solution 3: Rename CPS Folder in the System
- The user will first have to update the QuickBooks payroll tax table
- And then, open My computer and move to the local drive C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX\Components\Payroll\CPS
- In this, XX denotes the year of the QuickBooks version like QuickBooks 2019, QuickBooks 2018, etc.
- After that, the user will have to rename the CPS folder to CPSOLD and then check if the issue is resolved
- Now, again update the QuickBooks payroll tax table and check if the error is resolved or not
Solution 4: Disable User Account Control (UAC)
Follow the steps below to change UAC settings in Windows 10, 8.1, 8, and 7.
- At first, the user is supposed to press hold Windows + R on the keyboard. This will open the windows Run program
- Now, type in control panel and also click ok tab
- The next step is to click on the user accounts and then choose the user account (Classic view) option
- The last step is to move back to the change user account control settings tab and then choose never notify option
See Also: Troubleshoot QuickBooks error code H505
If still, you are troubled with these errors then connect with one of our 24/7 QuickBooks Payroll support agents and get the U.S based best technical support for your QuickBooks issues. We feel happy to help you out with this. Chat with us today.!