QuickBooks error code OL 233 is a bank feed error that is aroused due to various reasons. So this article has brought a deep description of QuickBooks error code OL 233 in which you will be aware of its possible causes, symptoms, and troubleshooting methods with simple steps.
QuickBooks accounting software has gained popularity in small and mid-sized businesses and financial institutions. QuickBooks is used all over the world due to its advanced features. It makes you enable to track sales, send payroll, manage income and expenses, track the financial health of businesses, download online transactions, pay bills, generate reports, prepare taxes, etc. but the thing that bothers its user is that it is packed with technical glitches.
What is QuickBooks Error Code OL 233?
QuickBooks error code OL 233 is a bank feed error that encounters when you attempt to update the bank feed in the QuickBooks desktop application. This error prevents you from updating your banking information with QuickBooks. This error comes up with an error message, “QuickBooks was not unable to complete your request, Error OL 233.” In such conditions, you are highly recommended to fix this error as soon as possible.
What Causes QuickBooks Error Code OL 233?
- Unstable internet connectivity might give rise to QuickBooks error code OL 233.
- When the bank account you want to connect is not active.
- Damage or corrupted data in QuickBooks company file ( .QBW) can also be another reason for triggering this error.
- An outdated version of QuickBooks desktop or widows OS may lead to this issue.
- When the bank’s server is under maintenance.
The Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code OL 233
- QuickBooks stops responding all of sudden.
- You can’t switch the different windows due to QuickBooks screen freezing.
- You are disconnected from the website of your bank
- Certain buttons or tabs are grayed out in QuickBooks.
The Important Things to be Remembered Before Fixing QuickBooks Error Code OL 233
- You should verify that you are using the latest version of QuickBooks. For this press the F2 key. This opens the product information window where you can compare your QuickBooks version to the latest one.
- You must check your internet connectivity by opening any trusted website.
- Internet explorer should be your default internet browser.
- Verify if the login credentials, you are using to get into your online banking are correct.
You may also like: What is QuickBooks Error code 15227?
The Best Troubleshooting Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error Code OL 233
After being familiar with the causes and symptoms of this error, you are able to fix this error QuickBooks Error Code OL 233 conveniently.
Method 1: Enable Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.2 in Internet Explorer
Transport layer security is an encryption protocol used to protect data when sending and receiving it from the internet. TLS 1.2 is the latest version of this security feature.
- First of all, you have to open Internet Explorer and then move to the Gear Icon. Thereafter, move to the Internet Option and then click the Security option underneath the Advanced tab.
- Now, ensure that Use TLS 1.0 should be unchecked and Use TLS 1.2 should be checked.
- At last, click on Apply and then hit the OK tab to confirm the change you have made.
Method 2: Setup a New Company File for Testing Purposes
- Firstly, open the QuickBooks desktop and then move to the File Menu.
- After that, you have to click the New Company and then select the Express Start option.
- Now, you are required to link your bank account information to the newly created company.
- And finally, you are highly recommended to test the account and update the bank feed in QuickBooks. If the test is successful, you can download your bank feed with the new test company file.
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 185?
Method 3: Deactivate Your Online Banking Services
- Initially, open the QuickBooks desktop and then move to the Chart of Accounts option.
- Thereafter, checkmark against the Include Inactive option.
- Now, you have to deactivate the bank feeds for every inactive account you use.
- At last, restart your QuickBooks application and set up accounts for bank feeds.
Method 4: Resolve the Data Integrity Issue Using QuickBooks Verify and Rebuild Data Utility.
Run Verify Data Utility
- First of all, open the QuickBooks Desktop and then move to the File Menu
- Thereafter, select Utilities and then Verify Data
- After that, you have to hit the OK tab to close all the opened windows
- Now, hit OK if QuickBooks doesn’t find any issue with your data.
- Click on the Rebuild tab if there is any issue with your data.
Run Rebuild Data Utility
- At first, you are required to move to the File Menu and then select Utilities>>Rebuild Data.
- In order to create a backup, you have to hit the OK and then the Save tab
- As the rebuild completes, click on the View Result.
Related Post: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6150?
We hope that you are able to troubleshoot QuickBooks error code OL 233 successfully. If this error is still flashing on your screen, you are suggested to come in touch with our QuickBooks expert team without wasting your time. We will surely assist you in fixing this error.
See More Topics: