QuickBooks accounting software has been world-famous for performing all sorts of accounting and financial tasks. It is used all over the world by financial institutions as it has made online banking possible. You can download online transactions, send payrolls, track invoices, and many more things using QuickBooks. It reduces human efforts and saves time also. But QuickBooks is packed with numerous error codes that trigger anytime while performing different kinds of activities. Similarly, you spot the QuickBooks error code OL 222 while importing company files downloaded from the bank’s website. So, we are going to discuss QuickBooks error OL 222 in this article, and be with us till the end.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 7149?
What is QuickBooks Error Code OL 222?
QuickBooks error OL 222 is an online banking technical error that is aroused when you try to import a company file that is downloaded from the bank’s website. This error is basically reported when QuickBooks doesn’t receive a proper response from the user’s financial institutions because of a parsing error received in the server response.
This error is the result of unsupported characters found in the.QBO file. When this error occurs, you might be prompted an error message, “Web Connect Branding – QuickBooks is unable to verify the Financial Institution information for this download. Please try later.” If you are also spotting this error, be relaxed because we will suggest you the perfect multiple solutions so that if any of them doesn’t work, you can try another one. Before troubleshooting the error, you must know its causes.
What Instigates QuickBooks Error OL 222?
- In case of an outdated version of QuickBooks desktop
- When a third-party program creates conflicts with OFX ( open financial exchange) operations
- In case of an invalid QBO file format.
- When the name of the QBO file is against OFX rules.
The Symptoms of QuickBooks Error OL 222
- An error message flashes on your screen.
- You can’t perform the banking features.
- You can’t import the company file downloaded from your bank’s website.
The Best Troubleshooting Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error OL 222
Method 1: Resolve the Issues with the Formatting to .QBO File
- First of all, right-click the.QBO file and then choose the Edit option.
- Thereafter, select any Editor App to open the file
- After that, click on the Find option in the Text Editor
- Now, you need to select unwanted characters like ‘&’ text. Then remove all.
- After performing the above steps successfully, hit the File Menu and then click on the Save tab.
You might also like: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code C=47?
Method 2: Get the Most Recent Update of Your QuickBooks Desktop Installed
- Firstly, close QuickBooks and then right-click the QuickBooks desktop icon
- After that, you have to select the Run as Administrator option. If you haven’t logged in as administrator, you are required to enter the admin account login credentials
- Now, enter credentials and hit the Enter tab to open QuickBooks.
- Next, move to the Help tab in QuickBooks and select the Update QuickBooks Desktop option
- Now, you are required to restart QuickBooks and hit the Install Updates tab so that QuickBooks can install the downloaded updates.
You might read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code OL 209?
Method 3: Download the FIDIR.text file Once Again
- First of all, terminate the QuickBooks desktop application and then copy all the text from the FIDIR.text page.
- After that, you have to create a new file and paste all the copied text into it.
- Thereafter, you are needed to save the file on the desktop and name it FIDIR.text, and delete the old FIDIR.text file.
- Now, hit the option (alt) key on your keyboard and then move to Finder App and click GO >>Library tab.
- Then, go to Application Support /com.intuit.QuickBooks 20XX/Downloads and delete the FIDIR.text file from the folder.
- Now, move to the Application from the Finder App.
- Press and hold the Ctrl key and hit the QuickBooks simultaneously.
- Now, you have to hit the Show Package Contents from the Contextual Menu.
- After that, open the Content Folder in the new window.
- Open the Resources folder and then search and delete the FIDIR.text file from it.
- Now, you have to copy and paste the new FIDIR.text file from the desktop into the Downloads and Resources folder.
- At last, implement the above-given steps to import.QBO file in QuickBooks once again.
Read this also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code C=184?
By implementing the above-mentioned troubleshooting steps, you will definitely get rid of the QuickBooks error OL 222. However, if you are spotting this error again, you are highly recommended to get in touch with our QuickBooks expert team by filling out the form given on our website.
Read More Topics: