Troubleshooting Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error code CC-501
QuickBooks tends to most common accounting software. The majority of business owners favor it. However, the only limitation of this software is that it is full of many errors due to some script reason or the other. One of the errors we are going to discuss in this article is QuickBooks error CC-501.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 502 bad gateway?
What is QuickBooks error code CC-501?
QuickBooks error code CC-501 usually pops up while using QuickBooks online services and while updating an account. An issue with the script may have caused this error. QuickBooks error code CC-501 isn’t a common error and many users seem to confuse about this error.
Users using Windows 7, 8, and Vista and XP operating systems all encounter this. If you are also facing the same problem then, you are at the right place. We will assist you to fix QuickBooks error code CC 501. First of all, we will make you familiar with the factors that trigger QuickBooks error CC-501.
Why does QuickBooks error code CC-501 pop up?
Before troubleshooting the error, it becomes extremely important to know the causes of the error. Some factors cause QuickBooks error code CC-501, listed below.
- In case of any disapproved bank credentials or using an outdated QuickBooks trial version.
- If there is any sort of virus or malware attack.
- In case of incomplete installation of QuickBooks, error CC-501 may occur.
- In case of the existence of junk files, this error pops up and slows down the speed of your system.
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks error code 6130-0?
Important points to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code CC-501
You should think about the following things before resolving the QuickBooks issue CC-501:
Step: 1 backup your company files (to create a backup of the file)
- Firstly, open QuickBooks and go to File and then Backup and Restore. Thereafter, click on Backup the QuickBooks File.
- Then, follow the onscreen instructions and get back up.
Step 2: Update QuickBooks desktop
- Make sure that QuickBooks is updated to the latest version.
- Firstly, open your QuickBooks.
- Now, go for the Help option and check for updates.
- If an update is available, then click on OK.
There are some of the solutions that will assist you in fixing QuickBooks error CC-501.
You might also like: How to Fix the QuickBooks Error Code 6007?
Solution 1: Deactivate and Reactivate the QuickBooks Account
- First of all, go to Tool Menu and select Account List.
- Then check out for the specific account that triggers the error under the various list of accounts.
- Now click on Online Server and then on Deactivate tab.
- Thereafter, go to Online Setup and select Setup Now after deactivating the account.
- Also, click on the OK tab and then hit Done.
- Continue with the first three steps again.
- Now type the Username and the Password.
- Make sure that you have saved the password.
- Thereafter, click on Connect.
- After you found the account, ensure to link it with the existing account.
- At last, click on the Finish tab after clicking on the Next tab.
Solution 2: Validating QuickBooks Data Files
- Initiate the first step with the heading, File Menu, and File Operations
- Then, click on Validate and Repair.
- Now, you are needed to click on Validate and OK tabs respectively. This will start validating process. It will take time as it relies on the size of the file.
- After that, carry out the prompts DATA_LOG notepad on the screen after the validation process completion.
- At last, Close the notepad and it is done now.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6010-100?
Solution 3: Reset CC Credentials
- At first, move to the Tool option and then select Online Centre.
- Thereafter, press Shift and hit click on Open Recent CC Credential.
- Now you are required to perform an onscreen prompt to Reset CC credentials.
- After resetting the CC credentials, Prelaunch the QuickBooks.
- At last, open the account and check if the error has been fixed.
Solution 4: Update QuickBooks Account
- First of all, open QuickBooks and also ensure to log in to each account.
- Then, refresh the Bank Account Activity.
- Once the refreshing process finishes, hit click on the Download option.
- Now, press the Ctrl+Alt+U keys and you can directly go to the Update Now tab.
- Thereafter, create a note of QuickBooks ID and Password.
- As it opens as a new prompt window, keep following onscreen instructions.
- After that, click on Update Now and you can change the password if required.
- Now, enter a new password.
- And finally, hit click on the OK tab in order to end the process.
You might also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 185?
And finally, this article ends up with all the information about QuickBooks error CC-501. Now, you know the causes and solution of this error. We have provided you with many solutions to fix this error. If any of these is not working then, you can try to chat with our QuickBooks Error Support team. Still, if you have any queries about QuickBooks error CC-501 then, reach us through our website or write your question in the comment box.
You may also like:
Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code 6000, 83
How to Resolve QuickBooks 6000 Series Errors?