Step to troubleshoot QuickBooks error code C=224
QuickBooks company file allows the user to store and access the company’s accounting data o a large scale. Due to a large amount of data, users have to face a lot of data corruption errors. One of them is QuickBooks error code C=224. QuickBooks error code C=224 is a technical error in the software that takes place when a user tries to export a report to an excel file. QuickBooks Error Code C=224 pops up when you try to take a backup of your company file.
This error typically takes place when QuickBooks tries to read an invalid split line for an accounting or memorized transaction. This error basically indicates that there is any kind of corruption in the data transaction. This error is not a common error and can be a bit too technical for the users to eliminate. In this article, we will help you to know more about QuickBooks error code C=224, its causes, and how to fix this error in a perfect way. First of all, we will know the causes of QuickBooks error code C=224.
You might also like: How to Fix the QuickBooks Error Code 6007?
Why does QuickBooks error code C=224 occur?
Some of the causes for occurring QuickBooks error code C=224 are mentioned below: –
- Corrupted or damaged company files can trigger an error in the software.
- An outdated application can also be one of the reasons for QuickBooks error code C=224.
- Damage in the related window registry file.
- When you try to take a backup of the company file.
- A damaged transaction log (.TLG) can crop up the error C=224.
See this also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6000-301?
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code C=224?
After being familiar with the causes of QuickBooks error code C=224., you should know how to fix the error in a proper and perfect way. There are some methods that will definitely help you to overcome this problem.
Method 1: update to the latest version
Sometimes the old version of the software can cause to create QuickBooks error code C=224. In such a case, it becomes quite important to update the software to the latest version to avoid QuickBooks error code C=224. Carry on with the following steps to update your software:-
- Launch the QuickBooks software and select update QuickBooks from the help tab.
- Navigate to the update now and delete all the previous update downloads by choosing Reset Update.
- Thereafter select the Get Updates option and download a new update.
- After finishing the download process, Reboot the software.
- Pay heed to the prompt and then install the new maintenance patch of QuickBooks.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code C=272?
Method 2: delete the ECML files
It is found that ECML files can cause to pop up the error C=224. To eliminate ECML files, we recommend you u to follow these steps to get rid of this error in QuickBooks:-
- First of all, press the simultaneously window+R Tab.
- After that, you will get to launch the run window.
- Next, you have to enter C:/Program Data/Intuit/Entitlement Client/V8.
- Now, delete the ECML file by selecting the Delete option.
- Once you are done close the window.
- Close QuickBooks and select the Tab labeled continue to register the product again.
- Now check whether your problem is solved or not. If not, then try another method given below.
Method 3: Run QuickBooks to verify and rebuilt data utility
If you find that the above methods of rectifying the QuickBooks error code C=224 are not working, then you can try this method which will definitely solve your problem. This method involves the following set of steps:-
Step 1: Verify data utility
- Firstly, open the QuickBooks software along with the company file.
- Go to File Menu and then go for Utilities Tab.
- After that hit on Verify Data option. This will start the verification process.
- Once the process ends, click the OK tab for the last time.
Step 2: Rebuilt data utility
- Under this step, the user is required to rebuild data by heading to the File Menu.
- Now go to the utility tab and choose Rebuilt Data option.
- Thereafter click on the OK tab to create a backup.
- Once you are done, store the backup file in the preferred location on the system.
- Then hit on the Next tab and select the browse tab to find the location to save the file.
- Wait till the process finishes and then click on to save the file.
See this also: How to Recover QuickBooks Error Code C=51?
I hope you find this article helpful and that you have easily resolve QuickBooks error code c=224. If still having difficulties contact immediately to our QuickBooks error support team. We, Intuit QuickBooks Error Support are the top-notch technical support and services provider around the world wide with thousands of award projects. We are proficient in solving QuickBooks errors associated with Data Recovery, Installation, Updates, and others. Our support executives will be happy to help you out with your all accounting-related issues.
How to Fix Script Error in QuickBooks desktop?
How to Combine QuickBooks Reports or Merge Multiple Company Files?