Quick Guide to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code C=184
QuickBooks is accounting software that helps users in maintaining their account data. This is favorable software for bookkeepers, accountants, small and mid-sized businesses, and financial institutions. But it often encounters several error codes which can be fixed easily. And the QuickBooks error code C=184 is one of them. Let’s discuss the QuickBooks error C=184 in detail. Read this article till the end.
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error CC-501?
What is QuickBooks Error Code C=184?
QuickBooks error code C=184 occurs when there is any sort of damage to the network file (.NG file) or transaction log file (.TLG file). You also face this error if the reporting dates of QuickBooks desktop do not tally due to 29 days in a leap year. The user experiences this error while attempting to access the company file or generating reports.
This error pops up with an error message flashing on your screen, “An error has occurred in QuickBooks. Please restart QuickBooks and try again. If you continue to experience this error, please note the C= value and contact C=184.” So, this article will provide you with perfect and the best troubleshooting methods along with the possible causes for QuickBooks error code C=184.
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code C=184
- In case of damage or corruption in .NG or.TLG file.
- When the QuickBooks desktop reporting dates do not match due to leap year.
- Incomplete installation of QuickBooks may also give rise to QuickBooks error code C=184.
Read Also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 3008?
The Best Ways to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code C=184
Method 1: Run Reboot.bat File
- First of all, terminate the QuickBooks application.
- Thereafter, right-click the QuickBooks and select the Properties option using the drop-down.
- Now, hit click on the location to open the file.
- After that, run the reboot.bat file if you are inside the QuickBooks file.
- Now, you are required to click the Reboot.bat File tab and then click on Administrator. Now run reboot.bat as an administrator.
- Next, the CMD window will appear and the file components will proceed.
- And finally, you are recommended to restart your system and check if the issue is solved.
See this also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 15240?
Method 2: Rename the.NG and .TLG file
- Firstly, you are required to search for the folder where your company file is saved.
- Thereafter, look for.NG and. TLG files and then right-click on each of them and hit the Rename tab.
- Also, add .old at the end of the name. This will prevent QuickBooks from accessing these files suspected of any error.
- At last, launch the QuickBooks software and access your file.
Method 3: Update Your Window
An outdated version of the window may create issues. So, follow these sets of steps for updating the window to avoid QuickBooks error C=184.
- First of all, press the Start button and type update in the search field.
- Thereafter, click on the Check for Updates option. This will show the list of all the available updates.
- After that, tick all the important updates and click on the Download tab.
- Now, reboot your computer system and allow the updates to be installed.
- And finally, you are highly recommended to launch QuickBooks and check whether the issue has been solved or not.
Read this also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 9000?
Method 4: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Firstly, open the Tool Hub Program on your QuickBooks desktop.
- Thereafter, go to the Installation Issues tab and select QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and download it.
- After that, save the file to the Local Desktop or Download Folders.
- Now, you have to install the QBinstall Tool on your system and then accept and agree to Intuit’s License Agreement.
- And finally, you are needed to reboot your system after running Install Diagnostic Tool to make sure that all the components are properly updated.
Method 5: Run QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
The QuickBooks file doctor tool is used to diagnose and fix the errors in QuickBooks. This tool can be used to fix the QuickBooks error C=184. So, implement the following steps.
- First of all, download and install the QuickBooks tool hub and then go to Help Menu and select QuickBooks Tool Hub from the drop-down.
- Thereafter, run quickbookstoolhub.exefile in order to begin the installation process and follow the on-screen steps.
- After that, hit the Tool Hub icon and run it.
- Next, go to the Company File Issues tab and select QuickBooks File Doctor and then select both files Damage and Network Connectivity option.
- Now, you have to enter admin account login credentials and then hit the Next tab.
- At last, you have to re-access QuickBooks or run a report to check if the issue got solved.
You might also like: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 106?
In this article, we have tried our best to give you the perfect troubleshooting methods to rectify QuickBooks error code C=184. If you have any doubts or queries or something that you are unable to understand regarding this error, contact us immediately.