QuickBooks is robust accounting & bookkeeping software that comprises a wide variety of features that help business owners and accountants in completing many necessary business-related activities such as making payments, creating and sending invoices for future payments, and recording financial transactions, etc. In this article, we will discuss QuickBooks Error Code 9997.
What is QuickBooks error code 9997?
When QuickBooks error code 9997 appears, QuickBooks Online fails to connect with your bank to display the latest transactions. It is a common scripting error and can sometimes fix by just clearing cache and cookies from the internet browsing history. This error code can fix by updating bank feeds manually, or by clicking on the Update while logging in using a Private or Incognito window in your preferred browser.
Read Also: Fix QuickBooks Internet Connection Errors IC 67186429, 67186457, 67186445 and 6718407
How to Resolve the QuickBooks Error 9997?
Perform the following troubleshooting steps to resolve QuickBooks Error 9997:
- Open the “Incognito” tab or “In Private” browsing window to log in to QuickBooks Online
- Next, click the “Banking” icon
- Tap the “Edit Pencil”
- Click the “Edit sign-in info” icon
- Re-enter the banking details
- Refresh the connection by clicking the “Save” & “Update” tab
- Click the “Review” tab
- The first step to fix this error is to ensure that the Windows OS in your system is updated or not! If all the components are not updated, then this can cause QuickBooks issues
- Remove the system security software (if you installed any security software recently)
- Turn the firewall “OFF” if it’s “ON”
- When the troubleshooting process is in progress, ensure that multiple applications are not running
- In case, the application was working previously with the security, check if the security is updated
- Remove all the recently installed programs from “Programs” > “Uninstall a Program”
- If the error message is associated with a file extension of the QuickBooks Company file, then change the QB file extension and save it as the company file and see if that fixes the issue
- Check if you are able to open the QuickBooks Company Files on other systems
- If the company file is not updated, then Re-install the QuickBooks software
- Save the “QuickBooks for Macintosh” in Mac and not the Windows Operating System or vice versa
- Before opening the QuickBooks Company file, run an updated antivirus update
- Open QuickBooks
- After that select and open the QuickBooks file
- After that click on the “Open or Restore Company” tab
- Choose the “Restore a backup copy” icon and then hit on the “Next” button
- Select the “Local Backup” icon & then hit the “Next” button
- In the drop-down menu, choose the location of the Company file backup
- Choose the backup file in the .qbb extension
- Tap the “Open” tab followed by the “Next” button
- In the drop-down menu, go to the “Save-in” option and then browse your preferred location to restore the Backup QuickBooks file.
- In the “File-name” field, type the new Company File name and ensure the “Save as” field automatically saves the restored file in .qbw format.
- Click “Yes”
- To confirm the overwrite process, Type “YES” and hit the “Enter” button
- Use the current Transaction Log file to recreate the lost transactions and the copy of the QuickBooks Company File.
- With the help of the QuickBooks Company file and Transaction Log File, Recreate the complete data except for the last few hours of transactions.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118?
We hope that the above-mentioned solutions offer you enough details about the QuickBooks Error Code 9997. However, if you still have any queries or looking for help with a QuickBooks error – please contact the QuickBooks Payroll Support team.
Similar posts you may like:
Fix Intuit QuickBooks Error 31:SE_ERR_NOASSOC
How to Fix Reconcile Discrepancies in QuickBooks?
Fix QuickBooks Error Code 1920: QuickBooks Database Manager Service Failed to Start