QuickBooks is an efficient accounting software application that performs all the accounting operations. This is the most reliable and perfect software for all types of businesses, bookkeepers, accountants, and banks or financial institutions because it is featured advanced tools. It has lessened the burden on bankers and their customers by making online banking possible. But there one limitation of QuickBooks is that it keeps on triggering various error codes while performing any task on it.
QuickBooks error code 7149 is such an error that encounters anytime. But you don’t need to worry; we will provide the best solutions to get rid of this error. So, in this article, we are going to discuss QuickBooks error code 7149 and its symptoms and causes also.
Read Also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 15104?
What is QuickBooks Error Code 7149?
QuickBooks error code 7149 is a run time error that triggers a corrupted program file and registry error. This error might result in a window crash when you try to open QuickBooks desktop. This error comes up with an error message, “Error 7149: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.” There are many factors that trigger QuickBooks error code 7149.
What Leads to QuickBooks Error Code 7149?
- When the window files are infected by a virus, Trojan, or malware.
- In case of incomplete or incorrect installation of QuickBooks.
- When the QuickBooks file like company files are deleted by mistake.
- When the downloaded files are damaged or corrupted.
The Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 7149
- An error message flashes on the screen of your system.
- Your CP starts working sluggishly.
- Your system starts freezing frequently.
How to Rectify QuickBooks Error Code 7149?
Method 1: Working on Registry Key for QuickBooks and Fix them
- First of all, press the Start +R to open the Run command.
- Thereafter, type Regedit in the search field and then hit Enter tab.
- After that, you are required to look for the installed application and delete their respective keys.
- Now, hit the HKEY_CURRENT_USER to expand it and then select software.
- Next, locate the keys concerning the name of the uninstalled application.
- Now press the Ctrl+F keys together to open the Find Text Bar and then enter the name of the uninstalled application and hit the enter key.
- Now delete the highlighted keys.
- Press, the F3 key to jump through matches and remove them.
- Also, delete the undesirable startup items.
- Now, move to the location: MyComputer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ Windows\Current Version
- Click on the Run tab to display listicle executable files that are used during windows startup.
- Now, you can delete the application as per your requirements in window startup.
- Now, go to the following location and repeat the same.
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Component
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\ Active Setup\Installed Component
- Now, check if error 7149 has been solved.
Method 2: Repair or Reinstall the QuickBooks
- First of all, press the Start button and type Control Panel in the search field, and then hit the Enter key.
- After that, you have to click on the Add or Remove Program option.
- Now, search for the QuickBooks desktop and make right-click on it.
- Then, hit the Repair tab.
- To complete the process, you have to follow the on-screen instructions.
If the repair process fails to resolve the error, you need to uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks software. For this follow these instructions:-
- Use the same steps as mentioned above when you see the repair option, hit the Uninstall option.
- For further process, follow the on-screen instructions.
- At last, use CD or web browser to reinstall QuickBooks error.
You might also like: How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code 1723?
Method 3: Deactivate Antivirus Software
- Firstly, you are required to open the list which consists of installed programs on your PC, and then select the Antivirus icon.
- After that, right-click the icon to open the list of options and click on the Disabled options.
- Now try to open QuickBooks using the safe mode of your system.
Method 4: Remove Viruses or Malware from the System
Antivirus software is used to remove any malware or virus from the system that results in QuickBooks error 7149. Run the antivirus software to scan your system. If it detects any virus present in your system, you must work to remove it.
See this also: How To Fix QuickBooks Error Code 1406?
Although QuickBooks error code 7149 is tricky and complicated yet we have tried to give our best to remove this error with simple steps. We hope that this article must be helpful for you in resolving this error successfully. However, if this error is appearing on your screen, contact us as soon as possible.
More Related Articles:
Fix QuickBooks Error Code 7149
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15104?