QuickBooks is undoubtedly one of the best accounting software. But it also faces troubles with some issues or errors. QuickBooks error code 6189 is known as one of the most common errors that QB users have faced in their software.
An error occurs when QuickBooks tried to access the company file (6189, 816)
Error Status: On the desktop screen it shows QuickBooks Error Code 6190, it is caused when a user will try to access the company file and this appears an error code 6189. Thus, it means that you are not authorized to access the company file. In the meanwhile, if you are looking for a quick solution to this error then you can talk to our QuickBooks Error Support team.
Following Error Message User May See in their Desktop Screen.
According to Intuit, this error mainly happens when you try to open a company file but the company file is inaccessible. So here, in this blog today we are going to discuss the causes as well as the solutions of QuickBooks Error Code 6189.
Read this Also: How to fix QuickBooks error code 6094?
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6189
- Any latest change in the QuickBooks software change can cause corruption in Windows Registry.
- Incomplete installation of QuickBooks or damaged download of QuickBooks Software.
- Some malicious software can delete QuickBooks files. In fact, good software can also mistakenly delete files.
- Virus and malware infections in the windows system or in the QuickBooks file cause damage to them.
- Windows registry was corrupted due to the latest QB software change.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6189?
Below you will get the solutions and steps to resolve QB error code 6189. It is highly recommended that before proceeding with the steps you need to create a data backup of your company files.
Solution 1: Restart the computer as well as the Server
- Each desktop that has access to the company file should be restarted
- If the data server is on, then the server should also be restarted.
- And if the error still persists try solution 2.
Related article: How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error 30114?
Solution 2: Installing QuickBooks Database Manager in the Server
- Make sure that QuickBooks or QuickBooks Database Manager is installed on your server where the company files are stored.
- During the installation of the Database Manager, no additional license is required.
- In case you do not see the QB database user, install Database Manager.
- Once the installation is done restart the server.
Note: Installing the Database Manager does not require an additional license.
Solution 3: Data File share service
- It is better for your company files if you do not use any file-sharing service like SugarSync, Dropbox, Box.net, etc., or any other type of online sync service.
- One of the major causes can be if you are using online auto backup utilities for QuickBooks.
- If you are trying to access company files via file-sharing services then you are likely to face error 6189.
- To avoid this, remove the company file from Dropbox and copy it to the C drive of your desktop.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error code 6177?
Solution 4: Data file stored on Network drive
- Do make sure that the company file is not kept on a NAS device or any other removable device.
- This is because none of these devices have permission to run the QuickBooks Database Manager
- And it is often seen that this setup can cause data corruption.
Solution 5: Usage of Encryption software on your computer
- In no way does Intuit or QuickBooks ProAdvisor recommend encrypting the file.
- To disable the software or any other query reach out to your encryption vendor.
You might also read: How to Fix QuickBooks error code 15222?
I hope you find this blog helpful. If still, you face the error then get in touch with the QuickBooks support team who will give you an instant solution to your problem. Our experts are always ready to provide feasible solutions, so feel hassle-free to contact us and get quality-based services from our professionals. To connect with U.S-based QuickBooks Experts via chat.
See More Helpful Articles