Easy Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6144, 304 Like a Pro
QuickBooks is an advanced accounting and bookkeeping software that is trusted by millions of business owners across the globe. But like any other computer software, QuickBooks also receives errors and glitches. While using a company file if anything goes wrong, users may receive QuickBooks Error 6144, 304.
This issue is related to a company data file which includes the accounting data of your company. You can contact QuickBooks Error support help-desk for more information and support. You can also contact us for assistance.
QuickBooks Error 6144, 304 & It’s Causes
This QuickBooks error is related to the company file that incorporates your company’s accounting details. The issue may occur when something wrong or inappropriate occurs with your company file.
Below are some of the most common reasons for the error:
- This error may occur if your PC closes automatically while the company data is stored in it.
- Malicious software such as virus and malware may also cause this error.
- Security Software such as firewall trying to obstruct the performance.
The image as shown below is similar which appears on your desktop.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6144, 304?
Intuit offers a repair service tool which name is QuickBooks File Doctor Tool (QBFD). Before checking/scanning the total company file the tool scans for network errors first. This tool takes long period of time to scanning and dealing with those errors, it depends on the size of the company file.
Here are some of the most credible ways to fix this QuickBooks error:
- Sign in to QuickBooks as an ‘Admin‘ user.
- Open QuickBooks File Doctor with admin permissions.
- Wait for QuickBooks accounting software to open up (it may take a few minutes).
- After that Select the ‘Browser‘ and click on the ‘Company file‘.
- Next, Select whether or not the current company file is hosted on the system or the server.
- Select the right option for the question that will appear.
- Now, scan for any errors with the file or the network glitches, and this can be performed with the help of the File doctor tool.
- Next, Shut down the QuickBooks File doctor tool.
- Finally, Open up QuickBooks, and see if you still receive the problem.
In most of the cases, you will be able to fix QuickBooks Error 6144 using the troubleshooting steps mentioned above. In case you are still not able to get rid of the issue or find the solutions in the article complex, you can call our 24×7 QuickBooks support team.
Few other helpful articles: