QuickBooks accounting software promotes business growth and development. Although, it is packed with many error codes that encounter from time to time while installing or updating the application, payrolling, accessing the company file, etc. QuickBooks error code 6143 is one of them. If this error encounters when you perform the task on QuickBooks then you don’t need to go anywhere because you are at the right place. So in this article, we will provide you with an overview of QuickBooks error code 6143. For this, continue with us till the end of the article.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 502 bad gateway?
What is QuickBooks Error Code 6143?
QuickBooks error code 6143 occurs when you try to access the company file as this error is associated with the company file. Generally, this error indicates that there is a corruption or malfunction in the company file. And that moment you cannot access the company file. This error comes up with an error message and crashes the open window screen, “Sorry! Something went wrong! Please try starting over.” Now, we will discuss the causes and the solution of QuickBooks error code 6143.
What are the Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 6143?
- Damage or corruption in the window system file.
- In case of deletion of window system files.
- In case of a malefic or malware infection, this error can take place.
- Incomplete installation of the QuickBooks application may give rise to QuickBooks error code 6143.
- Corrupted entries in the window system files can provoke this error.
You might also like: How to Fix the QuickBooks Error Code 6007?
How to fix QuickBooks Error Code 6143?
Method 1: Open a Sample Company File
Here, you are recommended to open a sample company file to verify if the problem is associated with the company file. If you find that the sample company file is not opening, it indicates that there is damage in the QuickBooks installation. In such case, the following sets of steps should be followed:
- In the inception, choose open a Sample File in the No Company Open Window and click on it.
- Thereafter, select any file from the list.
Read this also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code OL-393?
Method 2: Use QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks file doctor is a program used for repairing file damage and network problems. It is located in the QuickBooks tool hub. Now, continue with the following steps:-
- First, go to QuickBooks Tool Hub and select company file issues.
- Thereafter, hit click on Run QuickBooks File Doctor and open it.
- Now, select your company file from its list.
- After that, click on your company file and hit click on Continue.
- At last, type your QuickBooks password and hit the Next tab.
- Wait for the scanning process as it takes some time. Once the procedure ends up, go to your company file and open it to check if the error is resolved or not.
Method 3: Rename the.ND and . TLG Files.
- First, you are needed to access the directory which consists of your company file.
- Thereafter, choose the file with.ND and . TLG extension.
- By right-clicking on them, select the Rename option.
- Now type .old at the end of the file and then hit Enter key.
- Finally, you are suggested to restart your computer and check if the error is solved.
You might also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 17337?
Method 4: Open Company File Locally
Opening the company file will assist you to know if the problem is with the location of the company file.
- First of all, open the folder which contains the company file.
- Thereafter, look for the file that has an Extension of QuickBooks.
- Once you locate the file, continue by right-clicking on the file.
- After that, select the Copy option and go to the desktop.
- Now, right-click on the screen anywhere and select Paste. After that, press the Ctrl key and double-click on the QuickBooks icon.
- Once you have copied the file to the desktop, open QuickBooks.
- Now, go to the no company open window and select Open or Restore existing company.
- Finally, close all QuickBooks processes.
Method 5: Terminate all QuickBooks processes
- First of all, you are suggested to log in as an administrator.
- Thereafter, press the Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys together. This will display the task manager.
- Now, select the Users tab in order to show processes to all users.
- At last, click on the End Task option to close all the QuickBooks-related tasks.
See this also : How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code C=343
Now, we end up the article with the multiple solutions of QuickBooks error code 6143. And hopefully, these solutions must assist you in eliminating the error. If you have any queries or doubts regarding this error then contact our QuickBooks expert team.
You may also like:
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 1310?
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 176?