QuickBooks is a leading accounting software that is used by various businesses of a wide range. It is the most famous software for accounting & bookkeeping purposes as anyone can use this software even a non-accountant or non-technical person. The user-friendly interface allows users to perform tasks on it swiftly. In this technical blog post, we will aware our readers of one of the common QuickBooks error code which is – QuickBooks Error Code 6130, 0.
In this article, we have discussed this error and its causes. However, you can save your time and effort by calling our QuickBooks error support team.
You might also like: How to Fix QuickBooks error 31?
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6130, 0
Check out the trait of QuickBooks Error Code 6130, 0 as given below:
- The Error 6130, 0 appears on the computer display with frequent active window crashes
- The computer frequently crashes with this error while running the same program
- The Error Code 6130, 0 will appear on the display
- The system windows run sluggishly
- The mouse and keyboard inputs work slowly
- The computer “freezes” repeatedly after the short interval of time-frames
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 6130, 0
Check out the reasons why QuickBooks Error 6130 appears on the screen:
- Corrupt QuickBooks software download
- Incomplete QuickBooks accounting software installation
- Corrupt Windows registry
- Corrupt QBW files or Windows system files due to the attack of harmful viruses & malware
- Mistakenly deleted QuickBooks files or programs
Methods to Solve QuickBooks Error Code 6130, 0
Check out the list of troubleshooting steps given below:
Method 1: Repair the Windows Registries
- Firstly, Hit on the Start button
- In the search box, type the “command” but Do Not press the Enter yet..!
- Hold the “Ctrl+Shift” on the keyboard & press the “Enter”
- You will be prompt with a permission dialog box
- Now Choose the Yes
- A black box will appear with a blinking dialog box
- Type the “regedit” and choose the Enter button
- In the File menu, just select the Export option
- Go to the Save In list & select a particular folder where you can save the QuickBooks desktop key
- After that Go to the File Name box & type the name of the backup file
- Now Go to the Export Range box & make sure that the “Selected branch”
- Now Hit on the Save button
- The file will automatically save in the .reg file extension format
- Finally, you have the backup of QuickBooks-related entries
Method 2: Full Malware Scan of the Computer
Malware is a threat to the system as well as to the programs that are running on that. These malicious threats can damage, delete, or corrupt the error-related files. Thus, we recommend you conduct a full system scan to detect & eliminate the harmful malware from the system.
Method 3: Use the Disk Cleanup to Clean Out the System’s Junk
Our personal computer accumulates junk files while web surfing & regular computer use. The overtime use creates a cluster of junk files that makes the system slow & sluggish in response. It may also cause the error 6130, 0..! Thus, it is essential to use Disk Cleanup to remove such junk to improve the performance of the computer.
Procedure to Run the Disk Cleanup tool:
- The first step you need to perform is to Hit the Start button
- In the search box, type the “command”…. Do Not hit Enter
- Hold the Ctrl+Shift keys on the keyboard.
- Click the Enter button
- You will be prompt with a permission dialog box.
- Hit the Yes button
- In the search bar, type the “cleanmgr” and choose the Enter
- Disk Cleanup will evaluate the space occupied by the temporary file & allows you to remove it.
- Last, Select the boxes of the categories you want to clean & click OK.
Read Also: How to Resolve QuickBooks error 2277?
Method 4: Use the Windows System Restore to “Undo” the Recent System Changes
Windows system restore allows the system user to go back in time to return their system files & programs. Check out the steps to use the System Restore tool:
- Hit the Start Button
- Now Type “System Restore” in the search box & click the Enter tab
- Click the System Restore
- If prompted, enter any administration passwords
- Follow the steps in the Wizard to choose a restore point
- Restore your computer
Method 5: Run the Windows System File Checker (“sfc/scannow”)
System File Checker is an efficient & easy tool that allows the QuickBooks user to scan & restore corruptions in the Windows System Files.
Procedure to Run the System File Checker (Windows XP, 7, 8, 10, and Vista)
- Hit the Start button
- Type “command” in the search box… DO NOT hit the Enter button
- Hold the Ctrl+Shift on the keyboard & hit the Enter
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box
- Hit the Yes button
- A black screen will open with the name on the top as “Command Prompt.”
- Type the “sfc/scannow” and click the Enter
- The scanning process will get started by the System File Checker to remove the Error 6130, 0
Method 6: Uninstall & Reinstall the QB Programs Related with Error 6130, 0
In case, the QuickBooks error code 6130, 0 is associated with a specific QB program – just reinstall the QuickBooks software.
To Reinstall, just follow the steps given below:
- Hit the Start button to open the Programs and Features
- Choose the Control Panel on the menu’s right side
- Click on the Programs
- Hit the Programs and Features
- Locate the Error 6130,0 associated program
- Click on the QB-associated entry
- Finally, Select the Uninstall button on the top menu
Method 7: Install All the Available Windows Updates
This error code potentially occurs due to uninstalled available Windows updates. But, time-to-time Microsoft launch updates & improvements in the Windows System files could associate with the QuickBooks code 6130, 0.
Steps to check the Windows updates (Windows XP, 7, 8, 10, and Vista)
- Hit the Start button
- In the search box, type “update” and click the Enter
- The Windows Update dialogue box will appear
- In case, the updates are available – hit the Install Updates icon
The QuickBooks Error Code 6130, 0 can occur in any of the following Microsoft Windows operating systems:
- MS Windows 2000
- Windows XP
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Windows 10
- MS Windows ME
- Windows Vista
- Microsoft Windows 8
Method 8: Rename QuickBooks File
QuickBooks files such as .ND and .TGL are configuration files that allow you to access the company files. Corruption in these files may cause error 6130. Renaming these files can help you fix it.
- Find files with .ND and .TGL extensions.
- Right-click on files with .ND and .TGL extensions and click rename.
- Rename the files by adding “OLD” towards the end of the filename.
- Open QuickBooks and try to access the files. If the error persists, follow the next steps.
Method 9: Restart Database Service for QuickBooks on the Server
- Open the Run window on your server computer by pressing Windows and R keys simultaneously.
- Type services.msc in the open box and press Enter.
- Look for QuickBooksDBXX service, (XX represents the version of your QB Desktop software).
- Click on the service and then press Start from the left side panel.
- Now, open the company file and see if the issue has been fixed.
- If the error persists, follow the next troubleshooting step.
The solution mentioned in this technical blog related to QuickBooks Error code 6130, 0 is enough to fix the issue..! In a scenario where the error code persists, we recommend you contact the QuickBooks premier support team. You can contact us also to get technical help for your QuickBooks software. We are the world’s leading QuickBooks help and support service provider having a strong & efficient certified technician. For an instant and simplified solution. Help is provided 24/7 by our experts.
Read more topics: