Learn the easy fixation of QuickBooks error code 6073
The QuickBooks Enterprise 2022 Version has gained popularity due to its innovative attributes. It has been the all-time favourite software of accountants, bookkeepers, small and mid-sized businesses, banks and other financial institutions. but it is also packed with numerous error codes that trigger anytime while doing any task on it. QuickBooks error 6073, 99001 is one of them that is received while accessing the company file.
In this blog post, we are going to talk about QuickBooks Error Code 6073, 99001. this error restricts the QB users from accessing the company file. On the occurrence of this error, an error message prompts on your screen, “QuickBooks is unable to open this company file. It may have been opened by another user…Error codes: (-6073, -99001)“
The message of this error indicates that another user is also opening or has already opened the same company file using the single-user mode.
Read Also: Fixation of QuickBooks Error Code 6000, 83
What are the Possible Causes of QuickBooks Error 6073, 99001?
This error is usually caused by any of the following:
- When a user will open this file on another computer in a single-user mode.
- The file is located to read on another network folder.
- All files are hosted via the Linux server & then use any more rather than one’s set to log in the credentials and sign into a shared folder.
- When The file is opened through remote access software technology (LogMeIn, GoToMyPC, etc). We host the computer and observe that the client has already logged into it.
Fixation of QuickBooks Error Code 6073, 99001
Implement the below-mentioned points to troubleshoot the QuickBooks Error 6073, 99001 or contact to our QuickBooks enterprise customer support team via chat to get instant help from our U.S-based tech Advisors.
Solution 1: First download and run the QuickBooks File Doctor
- Download and Run the QuickBooks File Doctor application and run it.
Solution 2: Manually resolve QuickBooks ErrorCode 6073, 99001
Condition 1: If the company file is open in Single User mode in another workstation
Try these points when a user sees opens a company file into a single user mode at another workstation.
- Firstly, terminate the QuickBooks desktop on all PCs.
- Thereafter, Open your “Company file” on the “Host” computer.
- After that, you have to go to the “File menu” and select “Switch to Multi-User mode“.
- Still, if you find the same issue, you have to reboot your workstations.
Condition 2: If a Company file is opened into a single-user mode to host the Device
- From the main “File menu“, choose the option “Close the Company“.
- Reopen your “Company file“.
- Navigate to the “File menu” and then choose “Open or Restore company“.
- Now choose to open a company File & then click on the Next button.
- Then select open “Company File” & then click on “Next“.
- Choose your “Company file”.
- Choose to open the file in multi-user mode & then click to open it.
Condition 3: If your company file is located in a read-only network folder
- Firstly go to the computer system where is your company file hosted.
- Browse and then open the folder where your company file is saved.
- Give one right-click into the folder and select “Properties“.
- After that navigate to the “Security tab“.
- Select the user that has issues when logging into the file.
- Hit a click to “Edit” it.
- Check that box for “Allow” to full control.
- To save changes click on “Apply” and then click on the “OK” key.
Condition 4: If the PC is get accessed remotely via LogMeIn, GoToMyPC, etc.
- Give one right-click to the “Taskbar” & then choose the “Task Manager“.
- Navigate to the “Processes tab“.
- Now check if the process is running under the user’s name from which you have issues with this.
- If there is a process under that user’s name, restart your PC.
Thus the process is now completed, In most of the cases, the above-stated methods will surely resolve this error for you.
However, if you are still not able to get rid of from this QuickBooks error code 6073 or facing any other issue related to QuickBooks then contact to QuickBooks support & help and chat with USA’s best accounting professionals that experienced and has excellent work knowledge in resolving any error.
Read more helpful articles:
How to fix QuickBooks error code H505?
Resolve QuickBooks update error (Failed to send usage data)