QuickBooks is accounting software whose products provides desktop and online accounting application as well as cloud-based one which can process bills and business payments. It has helped in growing the productivity and success of thousands of businesses all around the world. But while working we have to face different types of errors that interrupt us. In this article, we will introduce QuickBooks error code 6010-100, its causes, its effects, and its solutions, so that we could do our work comfortably.
QuickBooks is an accounting software developed by intuits and first introduced in 1983. It is used to track miles, develop invoices, and manage your expenses and cash flow to view your profit and loss anywhere. This software is very useful to run a small business. You don’t need to be an accounting expert if you download this software.
See Also: Fix QuickBooks error code 6130-0
What is QuickBooks Error Code 6010-100?
QuickBooks error code 6010 occurs, if you have modified the QuickBooks installation process. In this error, QuickBooks is unable to access the network due to anti-virus software or firewalls. It can cause damaging your files and folders without your knowledge. In such situations, the user must reinstall the application and try again. There are many reasons for occurring this error.
Why does QuickBooks error code 6010-100 occur?
This error becomes a barrier due to various reasons. Before sorting out the problems we should know the reasons or causes of the problems. Some of the causes of occurring the QuickBooks error code 6010-100 are mentioned below:-
- QuickBooks error arises when the ND files disconnected that end with QBW and TLG.
- Firewalls or anti-virus program does not allow QuickBooks desktop to access the network.
- Changed or damaged installation of QuickBooks software.
- The QuickBooks registry files might be deleted due to the registry optimizing application.
- The company file is not saved on the server computer.
- QuickBooks isn’t running with all admin permission.
You might also like: How to Fix the QuickBooks Error Code 6007?
Symptoms of QuickBooks error 6010-100
There are some signs that indicate the error occurring in the QuickBooks software and that affects our work. Some of the signs of symptoms are listed below that will help you identify the error:-
- A message is displayed on the screen itself.
- You are unable to access the company file; it is a common sign of error 6010-100.
- The company is operational in the host system.
How to rectify QuickBooks error code 6010-100?
To overcome the QuickBooks error code 6010-100 you have to follow the given methods. Follow these steps one by one without missing or skipping even a single step.
Solution 1: Rectifying the Company File
Sometimes the company file is damaged or corrupted which causes this error. Therefore, to rectify the company file you have to carry on these steps
- Firstly open the folder that contains the company files.
- Then, search for the file which has the QBW extension.
- After that, select the copy option.
- After that, click on the paste option and press the ctrl key to open the QuickBooks application.
- After this, you will reach the option No Company Open.
- In the next step, you are required to click on the option Open or Restore Existing File.
- At last launch the company file.
Solution2: Take help from QuickBooks Database Server
If you are unable to correct the QuickBooks error code 6010-100 using the solution given above, you are needed to use the QuickBooks database server. Go with the steps of solution 2 to solve your problem.
- Firstly you are needed to Download QuickBooks Tools Hub and save it to your computer in a folder.
- Next, you should find out the downloaded file name QuickBooks Tool Hub.exe and double-click to it to start the setup process.
- After that, click on Allow this app to make changes to your PC.
- Then, click on the Next option to install this tool in your system.
- Follow the above steps hitting on the Next tab to Accept the License and Agreement and click on install.
- At last, once it installs, you are required to click on the Finish button to end up the installation.
- Now on the tools hub, go to the network issues and hit the QuickBooks database server manager option to reach the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Scan the company file location and then hit the scan folder tab.
- After that browse and choose the folder and files that contain your company file.
- Next, click on OK and then click on the Start Scan option.
- After implementing all the steps carefully and successfully, you will be able to login into your company file.
See this also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6000-301?
The reasons for QuickBooks error code 6010-100 in QuickBooks and its solutions will be covered in the final section of this blog post. We trust this post’s information is accurate and does not lead any of our readers astray. However, if a QuickBooks error still exists, contact the QuickBooks error support team.
You may also like:
Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6000, 83
How to Resolve QuickBooks 6000 Series Errors?