When the HTTP status code server receives an invalid response from another server, it leads to a bad gateway error. Whenever you visit the webpage, the browser saves data from the page in its cache memory to load it faster the next time you visit the same website. If the cache memory is full and your browser is unable to store data anymore, then it displays QuickBooks error code 502 bad gateway in QuickBooks online.
What is QuickBooks error code 502 bad gateway?
QuickBooks Error 502 bad gateways are standard browser errors that affect negatively QuickBooks and other web applications running on browsers like Chrome and Firefox. This error arises due to an invalid response from the server. But in the case of QuickBooks, it happens when the cache memory is full or it is infected. The error 502 bad gateway appears in QuickBooks Online and it’s Desktop application while running payroll or logging into QuickBooks online account.
Symptoms of QuickBooks error code 502 bad gateway
Identification of an error is very important and it becomes quite easy if we know the symptoms of the error. Therefore, there are some signs or symptoms of QuickBooks error code 502 bad gateway listed below:-
- When you try to log in to the online app or update QuickBooks to the latest version.
- When the browser is viewed and downloads the forum, it can also be a symptom of this error.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6010-100?
Causes of QuickBooks error code 502 bad gateway
Now you will know the reasons for occurring error 502 bad gateway along with its symptoms. There are various causes that lead to this error.
- If you don’t clear your browsing history for a long time, this error can pop up.
- Your cache memory of the browser is full.
- A virus or malware attack can cause QuickBooks error code 502 bad gateway.
- Turning the “Active Scripting” option off in the browser’s settings.
- The error 502 bad gateway develops when you don’t mark intuit as a trusted website in your browser.
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks error code 6130-0?
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 502 bad gateway?
After being familiar with the symptoms and causes of the QuickBooks error 502 bad gateway, it’s time to troubleshoot the error. This error can be eliminated by clearing the cache file but there are other ways to solve this problem. Some of the methods are listed below:-
Method 1: Clearing Cache of QuickBooks
Clearing the cache of QuickBooks will resolve the issue to an extent. The following steps are involved in clearing the cache data of QuickBooks:-
- Begin with launching QuickBooks.
- Launch the application by selecting Reset App Data in the help tab.
- After that start the application.
You might also like: How to Fix the QuickBooks Error Code 6007?
Method 2: Clear Cache and Cookies in the browser
This process involved steps for each web browser. Here, are the steps for Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Chrome Browser. We have mentioned the steps one by one:-
- Initiate with selecting 3 Bars present at the top.
- Go for Options and pick the Privacy and Security tab by marking Cookies and Site Data and Cached Web Content.
- At last, choose the Clear option.
For Internet Explorer
- Firstly, you are required to launch Internet Explorer and then go for the Tools option.
- Now click on the Internet option.
- Select the Delete tab in the general tab.
- Go for the box which has temporary internet files.
- At last, click on the Delete option.
For Google Chrome
- First of all launch chrome and select t the three dots.
- Head to the more tools options and then select Clear Browsing Data.
- Make sure that all time has been selected in the time range.
- Check mark Browsing History, Cookies and other site data, cached images, and file boxes.
- Now hit click on the Clear Data button.
Method 3: Add Intuit as a trusted website in the browser’s setting
QuickBooks error code 502 bad gateway also pops up when you don t add intuit as a trusted website in the browser’s settings. So, to avoid this error you have to follow the following steps one by one:-
- Select the Internet option under Tools.
- Choose selected sites under the Security tab.
- Click on the sites and then type intuit.com and ensure to uncheck Require Server Verification (HTTPS:) for all sites in this zone check box.
- Click Add and then hit click on Close and OK.
See this also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6000-301?
In the above article, we have explained all the steps to resolve QuickBooks error code 502 bad gateway. Now you know the symptoms, causes, and how to eliminate this error. If these methods are not able to resolve your trouble, then contact us as fast as possible.
You may also like: