One of the premier accounting software, QuickBooks is used by small and medium-sized businesses for their basic to advanced accounting needs. Offering a great variety of tools, QuickBooks helps organizations in preparing invoices, bills, and payments, manage payroll, and many other things. In this post, we will discuss QuickBooks Error Code 4120.
All these features make QuickBooks the most sought-after. But it is prone to bugs and errors which may disturb the process and ultimately the workflow. One needs to be aware and alert when the error occurs so that it can be resolved without any data loss.
QuickBooks Error Code 4120 is one such error which displays a message-
QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to be shut down for any further explanation.
See Also: Steps to fix QuickBooks error code 1904
What Causes QuickBooks Error Code 4120?
There are a series of reasons that can cause this error:
- If any software change has occurred to QuickBooks, then the windows register has been corrupted.
- When the QuickBooks executable file or other components are marked as unsafe by any anti-virus or security software.
- When a virus on your system harms the files that are related to Windows. This also poses a threat to QuickBooks-related files.
- When the files of QuickBooks are deleted by some program by mistake.
- When QuickBooks is incompletely installed or there is some defective or corrupt download.
Effects of QuickBooks Error 4120
When QuickBooks Error Code 4120 occurs, the software works slowly and responds slowly to the action, i.e. to the mouse and keyboard inputs. The computer may also be crashed due to the occurrence of QuickBooks Error code 4120. Your computer may also freeze or hand in for a few minutes at some times.
You may also like: How to resolve QuickBooks error code 15222?
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 4120?
There are some steps that can help you resolve this error QuickBooks Error 4120. So check out these steps to resolve this error.
Solution 1: Check for any System Errors
- Update the antivirus and antimalware programs on your system.
- Do a full scan of your system once the program is activated
- Now, eliminate the virus and fix the bugs
- If you find that no virus is causing this error, then try other solutions.
Solution 2: Try using QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- Install QuickBooks File Doctor tool
- Run it and diagnose to check errors. Then eliminate them.
Solution 3: Copy Company Files to Another System
- First of all, copy all the company related files to some other system. Now, check if you can open the files in another system or not.
- If the file opens, then repair the windows of the previous system
- If the files do not open in the other system as well, that means that the files are damaged. These damaged files can be repaired by using QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
Solution 4: Reinstall or Repair QuickBooks
- Go to “Control Panel” and then “Uninstall QuickBooks“
- Try to repair the software now.
- If there is an error, reinstall QuickBooks.
Also try manually to these steps as well:
- Clear the junk off your system
- Repair the registry entries
- Using Windows System Restore, undo the recent changes
See Also: Troubleshooting steps for QuickBooks error code 6150
If you are not able to resolve the error using any of the above solutions, then contact our QuickBooks error support team. Our experts stay alert 24*7 and are highly experienced to resolve your errors in the least possible time.
Some other helpful articles
Resolve QuickBooks Error code 9997
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6073?