QuickBooks is considered the best accounting software which has simplified bookkeeping and finance management. The software allows syncing of business accounts or third-party tools or applications for financial savings. However, this sometimes creates issues and leads to the QuickBooks Error Code 3140.
In this blog context, we will discuss the possible causes and solutions of QuickBooks Error Code 3140. This error can be easily solved by yourself but in case of any query, you can take assistance from QuickBooks Error Support Service providers.
Results of QuickBooks Error Code 3140
- When error 3140 happens, the active windows start to crash.
- It also leads to the crashing of PC/Laptops/Notebooks etc. wherever the software is installed.
- At regular intervals, there is periodic freezing of the screen.
- Windows don’t work properly and respond slowly to the keyboard or mouse.
- The QuickBooks Error 3140 is displayed on the screen.
Possible Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 3140
The QuickBooks Error 3140 message would come up during the installation of the program or while running it. It can also happen at the time of the Start-up or shutdown of windows. There are several instances why it can happen and it is suggested that you track when and how the error message is displayed.
Below are the possible causes of QuickBooks Error Code 3140.
- One of the main causes behind the QuickBooks Error Code 3140 is the corruption of QuickBooks software download or incomplete installation of the software.
- In case, you have made any changes in the QuickBooks software or any other related application, the change can cause corruption in the Windows registry.
- Another main reason behind QuickBooks error Code 3140 is malware infection of the system and this may result in corruption of the program files related to the software or windows system.
- Removal of QuickBooks-related files maliciously or mistakenly.
Mainly The QuickBooks Error Code 3140 is a run-time error and there can be various reasons for it. And that’s why it is very important to understand its causes and then troubleshoot accordingly to avoid it in the near future.
The image shown below is similar to what appears on your desktop.
You may also like: Resolve QuickBooks error code 557
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code Code 3140?
The QuickBooks error Code 3140 can be easily solved by the following troubleshooting methods. However, you can reach out to the QuickBooks error support services to understand it better. The solution is a little bit time taking but to fix it properly all the steps should be performed.
- The first thing to do is repair all Registry Entries that are related to QuickBooks Error Code 3140.
- Once done, scan your system to check if it is infected by malware.
- Clean all files that are of no use from your system especially temporary files and folders with the help of disk Cleanup.
- Update all your device’s drivers to the latest version.
- It is suggested that you store your previous setting and for this, you require to set your restore point in the Windows System. You can change it whenever required later.
- Check all the windows programs that are related to QuickBooks. Once done, uninstall and then reinstall them back.
- After this on your Windows System run File Checker.
- Finally, you require to do a clean windows installation.
Also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 1317?
- First Click on the Start button
- In the search box type Update and then click on Enter.
- Once done, the Windows Update dialogue box will come up on the screen.
- Then click on Install Updates if any updates are available.
The best way of resolving this error is to clean all the junk files using windows disk cleanup. This method can resolve most of the windows as well as QuickBooks problems.
- Firstly click on the Start button.
- After that type cmd, on your keyboard. (Do not hit the enter button yet)
- Press Ctrl + Shift keys and then Hit Enter button.
- Now you will get a pop-up dialogue box on your desktop screen, click on Yes.
- A black window will open, here you need to type cleanmgr and then press enter key, on your keyboard.
- Once the system gets this command the Disk Cleanup will start and scan how much space you can recover.
- A disk cleanup box will open with checkboxes. You need to select the checkboxes you would like to clean.
- Finally, click on OK.
- Once the process will be done, your system will be free from too many unwanted files.
As QuickBooks Error Code 3140 crashes the system or stops the running programs, the users get panicked and more so as the system takes a lot of time to restart. This error hinders work thereby affecting business operations. To avoid such issues, it is recommended that you improve the system’s speed.
Read this also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 102?
Even though QuickBooks error code 3140 can affect your work, it can be easily fixed. However, you should recheck your system and perform the steps mentioned above. In case the problem still persists or you require any other information regarding it then you can take help by reaching out to QuickBooks help & Support and experts will be ever ready to guide you with it.
Some other helpful articles
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Codes 3000, 3140 & 3120, 3170 and 3180
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 17337?