Best way to resolve QuickBooks error code 248
What is QuickBooks Error Code 248?
While performing various tasks on QuickBooks bursting of errors is natural. QuickBooks error code 248 is one such error that pops up while taking a backup of company files in QuickBooks. This error also comes up when you try to run payroll for your employees in QuickBooks. When you get this error, an error message flashes on the screen of your system, “QuickBooks company file not found.” When this error pops up you are unable to access the company file and run the payroll.
This thing negatively impacts our work associated with QuickBooks. In such conditions, you are required to fix this error as soon as possible. So, in this article, we will give you the description of QuickBooks error code 248 and its causes and its solutions too.
The Factors that are Responsible for the QuickBooks Error Code 248
- When there is damage or corruption in the company file, you may face this error.
- In case of overpaying your employees.
After being familiar with the causes of QuickBooks error code 248, this is the right time to resolve the error.
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 176?
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 248?
Method 1: Launch QuickBooks Rebuild Data Utility
The error message sometimes recommends you fix this error by utilizing the rebuilt data in QuickBooks. So, you have to follow these sets of steps:-
- First of all, Open QuickBooks and then move to the File tab. After that, select the utilities from the File tab and click on the Rebuild Data option.
- Thereafter some instructions will appear on the screen, keep following them carefully and attentively.
- Now, you are required to save your backup company file.
- As the rebuilding process finishes, hit click on the OK option.
If you find the above method did not succeed in fixing the error, go for the next method.
You might also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6007?
Method 2: Use of Verify Data Utility
- First, launch the QuickBooks application.
- Thereafter, move to the File tab and then choose Utilities.
- Now select Verify Data option.
- When this verifies data and finds any error or any issue with the company file, click Rebuild. And if you got the message “QuickBooks detected no problem with your file”. Then, hit click on the OK option.
- At last, click on Close to finish the process.
Method 3: Create and Add Items in QuickBooks.
As we have earlier told that QuickBooks error occurs when there is overpaying an employee. In such conditions, you are recommended to follow these steps to remove the relevant paycheck by creating and adding items in QuickBooks.
- Initially, launch QuickBooks and then click on the Payroll List option from the List Section.
- After that, select the New Item option and then click on the Custom Setup option.
- Then, hit the Next option and enter the name of the new item you like to add to QuickBooks.
- Thereafter, choose an account to link with the item.
- Now, select the Non-option for Tracking Tax option and then hit click on the Next option.
- Now, hit Enter and then the Next option.
- At last, you need to enter the overpaid amount and then finally, hit the Finish option.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 502?
We hope that the solutions in this article must help you resolve QuickBooks error code 248. In case, if you are not unable to fix the error successfully, you are highly recommended to take our QuickBooks experts’ help. Contact us immediately by filling out the form given on our website. Thanks for visiting our website.
More Related Topics:
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 163?