While using QuickBooks, the user encountered numerous error codes when he attempts to download the online transaction, update and install QuickBooks, or any others. QuickBooks error code 213 is one of them which is an irritating technical error that troubles the users while working on QuickBooks and interrupts him/her. So this article will give you a brief of the QuickBooks error code 213.
QuickBooks is such effective accounting software that has made bookkeeping and accounting easier. It also provides the services like online banking, online transactions, and downloading them. It is used by small and mid-sized businesses and it is the favorite of those people who have little knowledge of accounting as it is very convenient to be operated.
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 176?
What is QuickBooks Error Code 213?
QuickBooks users are generally required to use QuickBooks Verify Data Utility to detect and repair the error and damage in the company file. And the QuickBooks error code 213 is reported while running the QuickBooks verify data utility. This error also pops up when the user tries to import the lists or transactions.
When this error occurs you are unable to access the company file after running the QuickBooks data verify tool and also an error message flashes on the screen of your system “Verify item list. Duplicate Name Encountered. Duplicate Entries in the QBWin.log file.” This means your QuickBooks data has a list of duplicate elements. So, you are needed to resolve it immediately. But before fixing this error you should know its causes so that it could be easy to repair this error. , be with us till the end.
What Leads to QuickBooks Error Code 213?
- An improper or incorrect window registry may give rise to QuickBooks error code 213.
- If the user accidentally deletes the record in the window registry, it can be one of the reasons for QuickBooks error code 213.
- In case of inaccurate input from the customers.
- A virus or malware attack may corrupt the QuickBooks-related files which cause this error.
Effective Solutions to Rectify QuickBooks Error Code 213
We are going to introduce you to some of the promising and best solutions to fix QuickBooks error code 213. If any solution fails to correct the error, you can try another one.
Method 1: Access QuickBooks log File Within Your QuickBooks Desktop
- First of all, you have to open QuickBooks desktop and then press F2 Key in order to open the Product Information Window option.
- Now, press the F3 key for the tech help window and choose QBWin.log under the Open File tab.
- Thereafter, you are required to move to the path C:/Uers/USER NAME/App Data/Local/Intuit/QuickBooks/log/XXX/ TO locate the QBWin.log file.
- Finally, you have accessed the QBW.log file and then try to open it by double-clicking.
You might also like: How to Fix the QuickBooks Error Code 6007?
Method 2: Find and Rename the Duplicate Entries in the QBWin.log
- Firstly, you need to scroll down the log file or you can press the Ctrl+End keys together.
- Thereafter, press the Ctrl+F keys and enter Duplicate in the find window in order to find out the duplicate file.
- Now double-click the Duplicate Entry and Rename it.
- Repeat the same above-given steps to eliminate all the duplicate entries from the list file. Remember that no duplicate entry should be left.
- And finally, you are recommended to open and run Verify Data Utility to ensure whether the error 213 is solved or not.
Method 3: Use Patch File
A patch file is a document that consists of changes that are required in the system to get rid of particular errors.
- First of all, Open your device and log in with admin credentials.
- Now, you are needed to install Patch File from a trusted source.
- A message will flash “Do you want to open or save the file?”
- Withdraw it. The location of withdrawn files is different in all systems.
- Next, verify all the information and then open the file.
- Then, a closing message will automatically appear if the file closes itself without any issue, hit OK to access the program.
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code C 1327?
This article has provided you with information about QuickBooks error code 213, its causes, and its solutions. These methods must assist you in fixing this error quickly. However, these methods might not work for all because the configuration of all the systems is varied. If you have any issues with this error, you can reach our QuickBooks Error Support team by filling out the form available on our website.
More Related Topics:
Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 1310
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 109?