If your Windows has registry issues or any background processes are interfering with QuickBooks installation, you could get QuickBooks error code 1712 whether you are installing QuickBooks for the first time or doing a routine update of your QuickBooks version. If you’ve already encountered this error, this article will walk you through a thorough troubleshooting process in-depth and step by step. Additionally, you will discover what other causes the QuickBooks installer uses to display QuickBooks Error Code 1712 on the user’s screen, enabling you to prevent running into this installation error in the future.
What is QuickBooks Error Code 1712?
You can learn more about the causes, symptoms, and fixes for QuickBooks error code 1712 in this post. Additionally, note the precise problem that appeared on your QuickBooks screen during installation. When installing QuickBooks Desktop on your server, primary, central, or host computer, the error code 1712 appears. It displays the following error message:
We Apologize! Your installation suffered a malfunction.
QuickBooks Error Code 1712. Your computer could not be restored to its original state because one or more necessary files were missing. It will not be possible to fix.
Read Also: Ways to Solve QuickBooks Error QBW32.exe
What does happen when QuickBooks Error Code 1712 Occurs?
- This issue causes the display to display a blue screen.
- An HTTP error occurs
- sluggish system input and output
- issues with the computer shutdown
- The QuickBooks software frequently freezes.
- Windows or program crashes
- Your system won’t react as it should.
What Leads To Your Program’s QuickBooks Error Code 1712?
Several factors are to blame for the origin of QuickBooks error code 1712 in our QuickBooks software. These are the explanations: –
- If you want to install QuickBooks without first removing the existing version
- The QuickBooks installation is faulty.
- Windows Registry is corrupted in some ways.
- When software on the same computer is modified, it results in the error 1712 Virus or Malware.
- Malware or viruses assault your machine.
- The data file in your QuickBooks account is damaged.
- Advice Before Visiting Solutions
There are a few pointers and tricks you should remember:
- Before beginning any remedy, make a backup of your QuickBooks data files.
- Additionally, create a backup of your Windows system in case any errors or data corruption occurs after updating.
- Update Windows frequently.
- Verify that your copy of QuickBooks Desktop is the most recent version.
- Before something goes wrong, download QuickBooks Tool Hub so that you can use the tool to try and fix it.
- Make sure the firewall and antivirus software is turned off before accessing QuickBooks.
You may also read: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 2000?
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 1712?
Step 1: Create a New Windows User with Administrator Rights.
For comprehensive instructions on creating or adding a user with administrator access on Windows, refer to our article on How to Create or Add a User with Administrator Rights on Windows.
Step 2: Install the most recent Windows updates
- By pressing Windows, type Settings.
- Select Windows Update after clicking Settings, Update and Security, and then Windows.
- To check for updates, click.
- Install updates for Windows 10
- Select Restart Now, and after the machine restarts, the updates will begin to be installed.
For Windows 8
- Place the mouse pointer on the desktop’s right side, then click Settings.
- Select Update and Recovery by selecting Change PC settings.
- Click Check Now after selecting Windows Update.
If you see that there are any updates, click View Details.
- Select KB 2919355 from the list of updated files, then click Install.
Once the installation is finished, if requested, enter the Windows administrator password and restart the machine.
Read This Also: How to fix QuickBooks error code 6094?
Within Windows 7
- On your desktop, click Start, then select Control Panel.
- Windows Update can be chosen by clicking System and Security.
- Install updates for Windows 7
- Now select Check for Updates; if any are found, select Update Now.
- Restart your computer when Windows has successfully installed the updates.
NOTE: Refer to the “How to Update Windows” article for more thorough updates instructions.
After installing the updates, restart your computer before attempting to install QuickBooks.
See Also: How to Fix and Recover QuickBooks Error Code C=51?
Step 3: Proceed to Windows Update
- First of all, you have to hit the Start button and then go to the System Settings option
- Thereafter, you are required to select the Update and Security option in the settings.
- Now, choose Window Update there and see if there is any update available.
- If you find any updates, click on the Get Update tab in order to download and install them in your system
Step 4: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool from Tool Hub
- firstly, you are recommended to download and install the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool on your PC.
- Now, terminate all the applications running in the background and then proceed to run QuickBooks diagnostic tool.
- After that, you are required to look for the option ‘I am having problems installing QuickBooks‘ and then hit the OK tab.
- At last, you have to reboot QuickBooks.
If the issue cannot be handled using the aforementioned measures, our staff offering QuickBooks error support services will be continually available to assist you. Our knowledgeable and skilled experts are accessible around-the-clock to help you resolve problems and learn how to prevent them in the future.
You may also like:
How to Fix QuickBooks Point of Sale Error 175305?
What are the ways to resolve QuickBooks error 2002?