A Quick Guide To Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 15311
QuickBooks is a leading accounting software that has assisted millions of small and mid-sized businesses in taking their organizations to the next level and making profits. With its all-around features and tool, this accounting software enables business owners to perform intricate tasks such as bookkeeping, accounting, generating invoices, filing taxes, and more with ease and carves their path to success. Though it’s an innovative software, it sometimes receives errors that may force users to pause their work.
One error code that may cause work disruption for users is QuickBooks Error 15311. In this post, we will discuss this error’s possible causes and the best troubleshooting steps to permanently resolve these types of errors.
However, you can also avail of QuickBooks error support services to get instant help from professionals.
You may also read: How to rebuild and verify data file in QuickBooks desktop?
When QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 15311 Occurs?
This error mostly occurs when the users of the software can’t refresh QuickBooks properly. QuickBooks Error Code 15311 appears through application establishment, when QB-related software is running, while windows are starting or shutting down, or during the installation of QuickBooks accounting software.
You may see the following error message on your desktop screen:
“QuickBooks update cannot be complete successfully’ and ‘Cannot connect to QuickBooks Payroll”.
The image shown below is similar what appears on your desktop.
Why Do QuickBooks Error 15311 Appear?
There may be one or more of the following reasons causing this error code to appear:
- Partial or unsuccessful installation of QuickBooks software.
- Virus, malware, or other malicious software.
- Deletion of Windows files by mistake or by any malicious software.
- Corruption in QuickBooks files or installation.
- Damaged Windows registry file.
What Causes QuickBooks Error 15311?
- Corrupt download file of QuickBooks software
- Incomplete installation of the software
- Virus infection that affected QuickBooks-related files or software
- Missing some files from QuickBooks
- Some programs maliciously deleted QuickBooks-related files
- Window registry files corruption
How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error 15311?
Here are some of the most reliable solutions to fix QuickBooks Error 15311:
Solution 1: Download and Install a Digital Signature Certificate
- Press the Windows key and in the search box type “QBW32.exe.”
- In case you don’t find the file, click “More Results.”
- Click on the Computer icon on the screen that appears next.
- Find “QBW.exe” in search results which will have a type of Application.
- Do right-click on “QBW3.exe” and select “Properties”.
- Tap on the “Digital Signature” button and ensure that Intuit Inc is checked in the list.
- Tap on “Details.”
- Select “View Certificate” in the Digital Signature Details window.
- Certificate Window will appear and now select “Install Certificate”.
- Keep clicking next until you see the “Finish” button.
- Click “Finish”.
- Restart your computer to allow changes to take place and open QuickBooks to check if the error 15311 still persists.
Solution 2: Check Internet Explorer Settings
Note: Before you perform this step, make sure Internet Explorer is your default browser.
- Ensure that the date and time at the bottom right of your computer are correct.
- Double-click on “Time display” at the bottom right-hand corner.
- Rectify the “Date and time” if required.
- Select “Time Zone” and choose “Correct time zone“.
- Verify the “Cipher Strength”.
- Go to the “official website of Intuit”.
- Press the “Alt key” on your keyboard to see the menu bar.
- Click on File and then “Properties”.
- Check the number under connection and then phrase “bit encryption.”
- Now, update settings through “Tools” and then move on to “Internet Options”.
- Click “Tools” first and then “Internet Options”.
- Select all temporary files and delete them by pressing the “Delete key” on the keyboard.
- Go to the “Connections tab” and choose “LAN Settings”.
- Select the checkbox next to “Automatically Detect settings.”
- Make sure that Proxy servers are blank if you don’t plan to use any of them.
- Scroll down in the “Advanced tab” and mark “SSL 2.0” and “SSL 3.0”.
- If already marked to verify the “Publisher’s Certificate”, clear the box next to that.
- Once again scroll down to the bottom of the list on the “Advanced tab“.
- TLS 2.0 should remain unchecked. In case that’s marked, clear the check box.
See Also: Solution of QuickBooks error code 1304
In case the QuickBooks Error 15311 still exists, you can contact our 24×7 QuickBooks payroll support team. We are a team of highly trained and experienced QuickBooks experts. With us, you can expect speedy and accurate QuickBooks-related issues.
You may also like these topics
Troubleshooting QuickBooks Error Code 6129, 0
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6144, 82?
Add an EIN to the existing QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Subscription