QuickBooks error code 15270 is commonly reported when you try to download the payroll update. However, this error is accompanied by a warning message, “Error 15270: The (payroll) update did not complete successfully. The update is missing a file”.
What is QuickBooks Error Code 15270?
QuickBooks Error Code 15270 is a payroll update error caused by numerous factors. This error generally appears when you update payroll into QB. This error can be fixed using a handful of troubleshooting methods. However, if you are not tech savvy then don’t worry as our QuickBooks payroll help team is available there to assist you.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks doesn’t start?
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 15270
- all the active programs running on your desktop window are crashed during this error QuickBooks error code 15270
- due to QuickBooks error code 15270, your computer crashes when running a similar program.
What instigates QuickBooks Error Code 15270?
- Incomplete download of updated files
- When settings of the user account are turned on
- Internet Explorer is not your default browser.
- Improper program files or corrupted QuickBooks program files might lead to this error
- If System failed to download the updated files completely
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15270
we are suggesting multiple solutions for troubleshooting QuickBooks error code 15270 so that if you find any one of them is unable to resolve the issue, you can try another one.
Step 1. First, turn off the User Account Control (UAC)
In Windows 7, 8 OS:
- First click on the Windows Start main menu key button and choose the Control Panel tab.
- After that, click on the View option by the drop-down arrow keys and then choose its large icons.
- Then, you need to click on User Accounts.
- To do so, give one left click to change User Account Settings in that window.
- After this, go to the slider which never gives any notification, and then click on the OK tab.
For Windows Vista OS:
- First of all, give a single click to a Windows Start Main button. Click on the Control panel.
- If it fails to select it, then give a single click on Classic View as located on a left-hand side of a window screen.
- Then give double click on the Users Accounts.
- After doing so, click on & turn the user account control as ON or OFF.
- Finally, clear the ‘Use User Account Control’ (UAC) which helped & protect your desktop as well as software and in the end click OK.
- At last, you are recommended to restart your PC.
- Also restart your QuickBooks Software and then reopen your company file.
Step 2: Manual Updation of QuickBooks Payroll Restarting Your PC
- Restart the QuickBooks. In case, the ‘QuickBooks Update Service’ display arises then, hit the “Install Later
- Select the “Help” icon => Update QuickBooks icon.
- Go to the “Update QuickBooks” screen, and select the “Update Now” tab. Before selecting the “Get Updates” icon, choose the “Reset Updates” dialogue box and simply make click on it.
- Press the “OK” tab to confirm the reset.
- Once the update is completed, the “Get Updates” button becomes active as you can see the “Update Complete” message appears on the screen. Later, restart the QuickBooks.
- Click on the “Install Now” button if the “QuickBooks Update Service” message pop-up.
- To install the QuickBooks payroll updates again, go to the “Employees” tab => “Get Payroll Updates” tab.
- Confirm that you have to select ‘Download entire payroll update’. Finally, press the “Update” tab.
In case, the above-prescribed steps fail to resolve QuickBooks error code 15270..! You should follow the steps given below:-
Step 3: Make Internet Explorer Your Default Web Browser
For Windows 10, 11 and 8
- Initially, you have to look for the App Default in the windows search bar.
- Thereafter, you have to find Web Browser and then set internet explorer as your default app.
For Windows 7
- Firstly, you are required to open the internet options menu and then select the programs option.
- After that, click on the Make Internet Explorer Default Browser option appearing in the default web browser option.
Step 4: Run the Reboot.bat File
- First of all, you have to close the QuickBooks desktop and then open the folder which consists of reboot.bat file.
- Thereafter, you are required to make a right- click on the QuickBooks icon and select the Properties tab.
- Now, you are supposed to select the Open File Location and then right-click on the reboot.bat file and select the Run as Administrator option.
- A window will appear with the file name. Once the process completes, the window will automatically close.
Step 5: Verify Payroll Service in QuickBooks
- Firstly, you are required to open the QuickBooks and then go to the My Payroll Service tab under the Employees tab.
- Thereafter, you have to select Manage Service Key.
- After that, you are supposed to hit the Edit tab under the QuickBooks Service tab when seeing the payroll service listed and click on Add option if no payroll service is shown in the window.
- After hitting the Edit tab, you have to download the service key and then hit the Remove tab.
- Now, hit the Yes tab after confirmation.
- After removing the service key, you have to click on Add tab.
- Now, you are needed to enter the service key and employer identification number and then hit the Next and Finish tabs.
- At last, hit the OK tab on the Payroll Update Window and also ensure that your payroll subscription shows an Active Status.
See also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6175?
Step 3: Download and install the QuickBooks Tools Hub
In order to resolve this error you can install and use the QuickBooks tools hub on your computer. The QuickBooks tool hub helps fix common errors.
- First of all, you need to close your QuickBooks desktop.
- After that download the QuickBooks Tool Hub file on your system where you can easily find it.
- Now, hit click to open the file you downloaded (QuickBooksToolHub.exe).
- Follow the on-screen commands to install and agree to the terms and conditions to install the QB tools hub.
- Once the installation finishes, you need to double-click on the icon on your Windows desktop to open it.
Note: If you can’t find the icon, do a search in Windows for QuickBooks Tool Hub and select the program.
You might also like: What is QuickBooks banking error 9999?
I hope you have successfully resolved QuickBooks error code 15270. In case, the above methods are unable to fix the problem and you still facing errors in QuickBooks error code 15270, then feel free to consult with our experts via chat. Our QuickBooks error support agent will provide an instant solution in your critical technical situation.