Quick Guide to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15240
If you are working with QuickBooks and you are doing well and suddenly, you find an error arises on the screen due to some unknown error. One of the common errors faced by users is error 15240. QuickBooks error code 15240 is a common update error that indicates that an update is not done due to some unknown errors.
This is basically an update error that pops up while updating QuickBooks desktop or payroll software. As a result of QuickBooks Error Code 15240, you are not able to open your specified file. As you know the QuickBooks error is. Now you need to know its causes, its symptoms, and its solutions. So keep reading this article, to troubleshoot the error 15240.
Read Also: How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks error 15203?
Symptoms of the QuickBooks Error Code 15240
The identification of the error becomes easy if you know the symptoms of error 15240. Some of the symptoms are mentioned below:-
- QuickBooks cannot install the most recent update.
- Your payroll update has failed.
- You are unable to do payroll in QuickBooks.
- Your system will start crashing frequently and also freezing concurrently.
- Your system will work very slowly and sluggishly.
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 15240
Knowing the factors before attempting the solution is really good as it helps to understand the error closely. Behind the error are many factors that interrupt us while working on QuickBooks. Let’s throw light upon the factors that cause the error:-
- When you are utilizing QuickBooks desktop’s previous version.
- If you are using the QuickBooks multi-user mode in a terminal service setting.
- Damaged QuickBooks update.
- A damaged window or corrupted registry file.
- You have logged in as a window admin or you are not running the application as an admin.
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15222?
How to Rectify QuickBooks Error Code 15240?
Now you know the symptoms and causes of the QuickBooks error code 15240. It’s time to correct the error. There are many solutions listed below.
Solution 1: Run QuickBooks as an Administrator
- First of all, hit the l right-click on the QuickBooks Desktop to open it.
- Then, select Run as Administrator.
Read Also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 15101?
Solution 2: Verify the System Date and Time Setting
- The first step of this solution is to select the time display on your system.
- Then change the date and time setting.
- Now set the correct date and time.
- After that, select Apply and then click the OK option.
Solution 3: Verify the Internet Explorer Setting
- Initially, select the Gear icon and then choose the Internet Option.
- After that, go for the advanced tab.
- Thereafter mark Use SSL 2.0 and Use SSL 3.0 under Security.
- Now select Apply and then hit click on OK.
You may like: How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15243?
Solution 4: Check Your Third-Party Firewall
You can also check the third-party firewall because sometimes, it can also arise the error 15240 and interrupts you while working smoothly in QuickBooks. This method involves the following steps:-
- First of all, consult the developer of your third-party firewall for instructions on how to adjust the setting to allow QuickBooks to download and install the update.
- Make sure that the following files are given access to go through your firewall.
Solution 5: Allow Permission to Folder of the QuickBooks Installation
- First of all, exit QuickBooks and go for File Manager to open it.
- Then, right-click the intuit folder by locating C: Drive/Program/Folder.
- Thereafter hit click on the Properties option and then click on the advanced option.
- Now set the User Group to the owner, if it is not set.
- Then, hit the setting of the Advanced Security option, and single click change.
- Now, enter the user’s name under the object name field, and single-click on the check name.
- After that hit OK NOW and tick the mark on the box of Replace Owner.
- Click on Apply followed by clicking OK.
- Now, select the Users followed by selecting Full Control under the categories of Permissions.
- Last, click on the Apply button and then hit the click on OK.
Read this Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 502 bad gateway?
I trust you were able to fix QuickBooks error code 15240. If none of the aforementioned fixes work and you’re still having issues, feel free to chat with one of our specialists. Our QuickBooks error support representative offers an immediate fix for your urgent technical issue.
Other helpful articles