Troubleshooting Guide for QuickBooks Error Code 15226
QuickBooks accounting software has always been the favorite of all bookkeepers and accountants as it controls all the aspects of the financial side of the business. It has also powerful invoicing features like invoice tracking and payment reminder. Besides it, QuickBooks has made online banking possible with ease. You can make online transactions anywhere and anytime without visiting the bank or financial institutions. But QuickBooks encounters numerous error codes. QuickBooks error code 15226 is also such an error that arises due to some technical issues. In this article, we will provide you with a brief about this error. Continue with us till the end of this article.
You may also Also: How to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 15xxx(15000 series)?
What is QuickBooks Error Code 15226?
When the user tries to install or update QuickBooks to the new version, QuickBooks error code 15226 pops up. This error may take place due to the wrong configuration of Microsoft Internet Explorer. In such conditions, you are recommended to repair this error immediately. But it will be better if you get the root cause behind this error before troubleshooting the QuickBooks error code 15226.
Causes Behind the QuickBooks Error Code 15226
- Incorrect or incomplete installation of QuickBooks might evoke the QuickBooks error code 15226.
- When the window system files or QuickBooks company files are infected by a virus or malware attack.
- In case of corrupted or destroyed window registries.
- Failure of the server may develop the QuickBooks error code 15226.
- In case of unstable or poor connection of internet.
You may also Also: How to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code 15224?
How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code 15226?
Method 1: Update QuickBooks Desktop to the New Release
- First of all, open QuickBooks and move to the Help Menu
- Thereafter, select the Update QuickBooks Desktop option and then click the Update Now option.
- Then, select the Get Update option and you are also recommended to follow the instruction in order to install the updates.
- As the installation process ends up, restart the QuickBooks desktop.
- Then, close the window and reopen it.
- Now, you are required to update the QuickBooks file by downloading and installing the latest release o QuickBooks from the intuit website.
Method 2: Turn Off Network Protection and Firewall Temporarily.
The function of the firewall is to protect the device against network-based threats. QuickBooks is also part of this network. You are recommended to turn off the network protection and the firewall temporarily. Follow these steps to avoid QuickBooks error code 15226.
- Firstly, right-click the Start button and then select the Properties option.
- Then, select the Setup option and then you have to select the Update and Security option from the drop-down menu.
- After that select the Window Security option from the left pane and then click the Open Window Security option.
- Now, you are requested to select Firewall and Network Protection under the window security.
- And finally, Turn Off the Microsoft Defender Firewall with all types of networks by hitting on the Public, Private and Domain networks one by one.
You might also like: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 15225?
Method 3: Add Intuit URL as Trusted Website
- First, launch Internet Explorer and then select the Tool Icons from the upper right corner of the screen.
- Thereafter, select the Internet option by the following drop-down menu.
- Now, hit the Security button and select the Trusted Site.
- Then, move to the Site Section and add these sites according to the version
Ø For US Version
Ø For the Canadian Version
- Now, you are required to close the window and restart the QuickBooks desktop to ensure that the error has been fixed now.
Method 4: Uninstall and Reinstall QuickBooks
- Steps for Uninstalling the QuickBooks
- First of all, press the Window key +R together to open the Run command.
- Thereafter type appwiz.cpl and then hit click on the OK tab.
- After that, choose QuickBooks and tap Uninstall under the Program and Features option, and hit the Yes tab.
- Now, hit Next and select and click the Remove option.
- QuickBooks uninstalling process may take time.
- Once the uninstalling process successfully ends up, hit the Finish tab.
- Reinstall the QuickBooks
You can reinstall QuickBooks by plugging QuickBooks CD into your computer and keep following the installation process.
Read This Also: How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code 15102?
Now, you have the general information of the QuickBooks error code 15226. We have tried our best to provide you with the best and most promising solutions to remove this error and we hope that this article must be proved helpful to you. However, If you have any queries or doubts, contact us by filling out the form given on our website.
Read More Helpful Articles
Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 15212
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15214?