QuickBooks application is the most beneficial for dealing with financial issues. It is used for downloading transactions, paying online bills, tracking invoices, and creating and managing accounting data in financial institutions and it has also made online banking possible all over the world. Therefore in this article, you will know all about the QuickBooks error code 15214 and the factors that lead to this error, and its multi solutions. Continue with us till the end of the article.
But, there is one issue with it that it encounters several error codes. And sometimes these errors become quite annoying and frustrating because they restrict our work and make the system slow down. QuickBooks error is one of them that pops up while installing or updating QuickBooks desktop.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 163?
What is QuickBooks Error Code 15214?
You have encountered a QuickBooks error when you try to open, install or update the QuickBooks desktop. In case, there is an issue with Microsoft internet explorer, you might face the QuickBooks error code 15214. This error is also called a payroll update error. In such conditions, you are required to resolve this error immediately. Before troubleshooting this error you should know the causes behind it.
Causes Behind the QuickBooks Error Code 15214
- If you have not updated the QuickBooks desktop to the new version, QuickBooks error code 15214 may occur.
- The malware attack on the QuickBooks desktop might give rise to this error.
- In case of damage or corruption in the window registry.
- If you have not installed the QuickBooks desktop properly, this error may pop up.
- When the digital signature certificate is not updated.
- When the internet explorer setting is not correct, this may be the common factor of the QuickBooks error 15214.
- An unstable internet connection may also be a common but important factor to give rise to this error.
How to Troubleshoot the QuickBooks Error Code 15214?
Now it’s time to troubleshoot QuickBooks error 15214. Here, we are providing you with many solutions to remove this error. So, keep scrolling down to this article to get rid of this error.
Method 1: Get the Latest Version by Updating to Windows
- First of all, move to the Search Field and type Setting, and then hit Enter.
- Now, the Update and Security option will appear on the screen, so click on it.
- After that, select the Window Update option in order to read the updating points.
- On the next page, you have to hit click on the Section Installation for the system.
- Now, you are required to connect with the unbeatable speed of the internet to get error-free QuickBooks.
- And, finally, your window will update soon.
Method 2: Installation of Digital Signature Certificate
- Firstly, you should check the internet connection, if it is working smoothly.
- Thereafter, open QuickBooks and move to the Edit option.
- Then, hit the Preference option and select the Security and Privacy option from the left side panel of the window.
- Here, the Digital Signature Certificate section will appear, so click on the Install Certificate tab.
- Now, a new window will open. Here, you have to browse the location of the file and then, hit the Open tab.
- Now hit click on the OK button in order to save changes
- At last, restart your QuickBooks application to check if the error 15214 has been removed. If not, then try the next method.
You might also like: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 15225?
Method 3: Edit the Internet Explorer Setting
- First of all, you are required to open Internet Explorer and then click the Gear Icon.
- Thereafter, select the Internet option and then hit click on the Security tab.
- Now, select the Trusted Site and click on the Site and then add the websites given below.
- For US Version of QuickBooks *.quickbooks.com
- For the Canadian Version of QuickBooks
- Now, click on the Close tab and then on Apply option.
- At last, you have to click on the OK button.
Method 4: Configuration of Your firewall and Antivirus Defender
Check your computer’s firewall settings to ensure that your QuickBooks is allowed to interact through the firewall. Then disable your antivirus for some time and then attempt to open your QuickBooks again. On doing so, the issue has been solved then you are required to add an exception of your QuickBooks in your antivirus program.
Read this also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15106?
Now, you are well aware of the general information of the QuickBooks error code 15214. This article must give you the best ways to resolve this error issue. However, If you are facing the error even after implementing the above methods, you are highly recommended to contact us immediately.
Read More Helpful Articles