QuickBooks application is full of many useful features that help to connect the user with his/her bank or financial institution. The function of QuickBooks is to manage payroll, inventory, sales, and other needs of small businesses. It is very useful for small and mid-sized businesses. But some of the errors are tricky and annoying and QuickBooks error code 15212 is one of them. This is the most preferred application of financial institutions as it has made online transactions possible.
But there one disadvantage of using QuickBooks is that it is packed with errors. Although these errors pop up anytime due to some unknown reasons like poor network connectivity, corrupted company file, or any other reasons, these errors can be resolved easily. QuickBooks error 15212 is an update error. So, you will go through the QuickBooks error code 15212 and its causes and solutions.
What is QuickBooks Error Code 15212?
QuickBooks error 15212 is an update error that occurs when you attempt to download payroll or update QuickBooks to the latest release. When you receive this error, the three different types of error messages are shown on the screen of your system, “The payroll update did not complete successfully. Please try again. You must successfully update the QuickBooks by the deadline displayed in the get updates window. Or The QuickBooks update did not complete successfully. Or, The payroll update did not complete successfully. The location for the shared download is not accessible.”
Factors Causing QuickBooks Error Code 15212
- When the disc space is not sufficient on a hard disk or at a remote download location, you may face this error.
- When the shared download location for the update is mopped to a currently unavailable drive.
- In case of setting the shared download switch off and the data, the file is opened from a non-mapped location.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 502 bad gateway?
Some Important Points to be Considered Before Fixing QuickBooks Error Code 15212
Keep remembering the following things to save you time in troubleshooting the error.-
- Ensure that you have an active payroll service subscription with QuickBooks desktop.
- Your firewall or internet security should not have restrictive settings. Otherwise, this may block QuickBooks to access the internet.
- Make sure that more than one QuickBooks version should not install on the same system.
Read Also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 248?
Different Methods for Eliminating the QuickBooks Error Code 15212
Method 1: Downloading the Latest Update Manually
- First of all, open the QuickBooks application and then move to the Help option.
- Thereafter, click on the Update QuickBooks option.
- After that, the QuickBooks update desktop window will come up.
- Then, choose the Options tab and then on the No for Shared Download option.
- Now, Save the changes and close it.
- At last, you are suggested to download the updates.
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 176?
Method 2: Remapping the Data File to the Network Drive
- Initially, restart your system and move to This PC and open it.
- Thereafter, click on the Map Network Drive option.
- Then, click on the Browse option and then select the Data File to map it.
- As the remapping process completes, restart the system again and check if the QuickBooks error 15212 is resolved.
Method 3: Uninstall and Re-install the QuickBooks Desktop
Steps for uninstalling the QuickBooks
- First of all, go to the Start option and type the Control Panel option in the search field and open it.
- Thereafter select Program and Feature/Uninstall the program now, you have to choose the version which has led to the QuickBooks error 15212.
- Last, click the Uninstall option and then click on the Remove option.
Steps for re-installing the QuickBooks
- First of all, double-click the QuickBooks.exe file downloaded and open it.
- Now, you are required to follow the steps appearing on the screen.
- Then accept the Term and Conditions and hit click on the Next option.
- Now, you have to provide your Product and License number and then carry on as per the instructions appearing on the screen.
You might also like: How to Fix the QuickBooks Error Code 340?
We hope that this article has provided you with a general description of QuickBooks error code 15212. And the above-given solutions must be helpful in removing the error successfully. However, if you are facing this error again, take the help of our QuickBooks expert team.
More Related Topics:
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 163?
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 213?