QuickBooks is effective and easy-to-use accounting software that deals with all the financial tasks like downloading or installing QuickBooks payroll, downloading and making online transactions and it has also made online banking possible. It becomes necessary to update any software so that it could perform tasks smoothly. And intuit also keeps on updating QuickBooks to prevent any kind of errors or bugs. But the user encounters several error codes while updating or installing QuickBooks to the new release.
QuickBooks error code 15107 is one of them which arises while updating QuickBooks payroll or desktop. Thus, this article will give a brief of the QuickBooks error code 15107 and its causes and how to remove this error. So, keep the cursor scrolling down till the end of this article with full attention.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Desktop Error 1612?
What is QuickBooks Error Code 15107?
QuickBooks error code 15107 pops up when the user attempts to update payroll or wants to install the QuickBooks desktop. This error occurs due to a corrupted or damaged window registry. This error comes up with an error message, “the payroll can’t be initialized.” But you don’t need to worry, you are on the right platform we will help you in removing this error with ease. Before removing the error, you must aware of the causes behind it.
What are the Main Causes Behind the QuickBooks Error Code 15107?
- Corruption or damage in the window registry.
- If the QuickBooks update is incomplete, this error may pop up easily.
- If you close the recent QuickBooks updates forcefully.
- In case of incorrect settings of internet explorer.
Signs or Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 15207
- Payrolls stop performing tasks.
- Your system shuts down frequently.
- An error message flashes on the screen of your system.
- The software starts crashing and your system gets frozen.
- The user is unable to upgrade the payroll.
- New updates can’t be downloaded completely.
The Promising and the Best Ways to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 15107
Now it’s time to eliminate this error QuickBooks Error Code 15107 after being familiar with its causes and symptoms.
Method 1: Run the Reboot.bat File
- First of all, terminate the QuickBooks desktop.
- Thereafter, right-click on the QuickBooks icon and select the Properties option.
- Now, hit the Open File Location and then type reboot.bat in the top right search field.
- On seeing the file name reboot.bat, select it and right-click on it.
- Next, choose Run As Administrator. In case of any prompt, hit the Yes tab.
- After that restart your system in order to make the change and reopen QuickBooks.
- If you are prompted to install the update, select the Update Now option.
Method 2: Download and Run Quick Fix My Program
- First of all, download the QuickBooks Tool Hub (if you have already not downloaded it).
- As the program completely installs, move to the Program Problem tab and click on Quick Fix My Program. It might take some time to run.
- Once the above-given steps are completed, you are recommended to open the QuickBooks desktop again.
You might also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Connectivity Error Code 12057?
Method 3: Install and Use QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks file doctor is used to change antivirus, firewall, or any other security application settings to fix the QuickBooks error 15107.
- First, download and install the QuickBooks tool hub and then open it.
- Now, move to the Company File Issues tab that will open QuickBooks file doctor and run this tool.
- After that click on Browse to select the Company Files.
- Thereafter, you have to select the Check the File and Network option and then hit the Continue tab.
- Now, you are required to enter your QuickBooks admin password and then hit the Next tab.
- Finally, scanning will start and it may take some time. Once the scanning is done, this error will be removed.
Method 4: Download the Update
- First of all, close the QuickBooks desktop.
- Thereafter, move to the location C:\ProgramDataIntuit\quickboosXX\Componets. Here, XX refers to the current version of QuickBooks, you are using.
- Now, you are required to change the name of the folder by adding .OLD.exe.
- After renaming the folder, you have to open the QuickBooks desktop.
- Now, move to the Help Menu and select the Update QuickBooks option from it.
- Next, click Update Now and then tick the option Reset the Updates to roll back the updates.
- After doing so, click on the Get Update option to download the latest update.
- Once the download is completed, you are suggested to close and reopen the QuickBooks desktop.
- And finally, hit the Install Now tab to install the available update.
See this also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 3140?
We hope that this article must assist you in fixing the QuickBooks error code 15107 as we have suggested you all the possible solutions. If you find that any one of them is not working, try another one. However, if the same error is flashing on your screen even after implementing the above-given sets of steps, contact our QuickBooks error support team.
Read More Related Topics:
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 61686?