QuickBooks accounting software has brought a revolution in the business industry. This software consists of many impressive features and functionalities, all these advantages can’t hide the fact that it also comes up with a series of errors that interrupt us from working on QuickBooks and this thing becomes extremely irritating to us. So, in this article, we are going to discuss QuickBooks error code 15106 that is encountered at the time of updating the QuickBooks software. It also shows that the updated program has been damaged.
Read Also: How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks error 15203?
What is QuickBooks Error Code 15106?
QuickBooks error code 15106 is a type of payroll update error that restricts the procedure of updating QuickBooks payroll. This error pops up with an error message “Error 15106: the updated program cannot be opened.” if you are also facing this error then, you don’t need to worry; you are at the right platform where you can find the solution of the errors in QuickBooks. Before troubleshooting the QuickBooks Error Code 15106, you need to know the causes behind the error and its symptoms.
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 15106
- When the user does not use the correct administration credentials at the time of updating QuickBooks payroll software.
- Pre-installed antivirus software or program may block the update process.
- Enabled UAC ie. The user accounting setting can cause the QuickBooks error code 15106.
See Also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 15311?
Solutions to Fix the QuickBooks Error Code 15106
There are alternative methods to resolve the QuickBooks error code 15106. If one of them is not working then, you can try another one.
Method 1: Disable User Account Control
- First of all, you are required to access the Run tab by clicking the Window+R button.
- Once done with that, type in the Control Panel and then hit click on the OK tab.
- Now, select the User Account and click on the Change User Account Control Setting.
- If any prompt by UAC is displayed on the screen then, hit the Yes tab to continue.
- Now, go to the Slider and Disable or turn UAC off and then click on Never Notify and select OK.
- And finally, Reboot your computer to End up the entire task.
Method 2: Use Proper Admin Credentials to log in
Step 1: In case you have logged in as a different user, follow the given sets of steps:
- First of all, go to the QuickBooks Desktop Icon and right-click to select the Run as Administrator option.
- Thereafter, Type in the Admin Credentials and hit click on an OK tab. This will allow you to log in as an admin.
Step 2: you can log in to the admin account by switching the account, follow these steps:
- First of all, click on the Start Menu.
- And click on the Switch User option and then enter Admin Credentials.
- This will enable you to switch the user account to the admin account.
Read this also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 15241?
Method 3: Uninstall the Antivirus and Rename the Folder
An antivirus interrupts the communication path between QuickBooks and other software. So, try to uninstall the antivirus using the given set of steps:
- First of all, access the Task Manager.
- Now, press and hold the Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys together.
- Now you are required to go to the Process tab and find the option Named antivirus.
Rename the Folder
- First of all, open File Explorer by pressing the Window+E keys.
- After that, go to the C:/Program files/ Intuit/QuickBooks (year)/Components (for 32-bit users). But for 64-bit users select the path C:/Program Files (x86)/Intuit/QuickBooks (year) /Components.
- Then, right-click the download qbsxxfolder/ choose Rename option.
- And finally, add .old extension to the end of the name
- And then you are required to update the software once again.
Method 4: Restart QuickBooks Desktop Update
- First of all, launch the QuickBooks Software and go to the Help tab and then select the Update QuickBooks option.
- Thereafter, move to the Setting Panel and choose Mark all.
- Then hit click on Save and then advance to the Update Next Page.
- Next, make a checkmark and select Receive Upgrade after resetting the Update Next option.
You might also like: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 15215?
In the above article, we have explained all the possible solutions to fix QuickBooks error code 15106. If no solution is working to resolve the QuickBooks error code 15106, then contact our QuickBooks error support team.
Read More Helpful Articles
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 15103?
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15101?