Troubleshooting Steps to Resolve QuickBooks error code 15104
Sometimes, it happens that you are working on a QuickBooks software application and, suddenly, many errors pop up displayed on your screen. One of the errors that you experience is QuickBooks error code 15104. Due to this error, your work efficiency is adversely affected. And then, you search for the solution to fix QuickBooks error code 15104. Now you are at the right platform in order to find the solution to your problem. We will provide you with the promising and the best solution to sort out the error that popped up in the QuickBooks software application. So, first of all, you need to know what the QuickBooks error code 15204 is.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15107?
What is QuickBooks Error Code 15104?
QuickBooks error code 15104 basically occurs due to a damaged QuickBooks update or damaged window registry entry. The user also experiences error 15104 in QuickBooks while updating QuickBooks to the latest release.
To eliminate the QuickBooks error code 15104, it would be better to know the causes of QuickBooks error code 15104. There are a handful of factors that give rise to this error.
Factors Causing QuickBooks Error Code 15104
- In case of incomplete installation of QuickBooks software.
- In the case of multi-user mode, this error may pop up.
- QuickBooks error 15104 can be experienced due to a damaged QuickBooks update or damaged window registry entry.
- This error can come up at the time of installation.
Important Points to be Considered
If you have applied multi-user mode then, you are suggested to switch to single-user mode. The user should keep certain points in his mind and perform these steps before fixing the error.
- First of all, press ctrl +1 and then open the product information window.
- After that select Help and Update QuickBooks.
- And finally, hit click on the Options tab and make sure that the information in the download location should be correct.
You might Also Like: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code C=47?
Fixation Methods to Rectify QuickBooks Error Code 15104
Method 1: Using Third-Party Cleaner Program
- At first, you are recommended to download and install a third-party cleaner program in the system.
- Then, run the software on the window. It will scan the system and if it finds any issue in the registry entry then, it will fix it.
- Ensure that your system is backed up and rebooted.
Method 2: Running the Batch File
This method requires running the file named reboot.bat located in the QuickBooks directory. Carry on with these steps:
- First of all, right-click the QuickBooks desktop icon followed by opting for Properties.
- Click on Open File Location within properties. It will directly take the user to the QuickBooks folder.
- Now, type Reboot in the search box (on the top right corner of the screen) and then hit on the Enter key.
- Then, double-click on the locating file to run it. It is preferable to open this file as an admin by right-clicking on it and opting for the Run as Admin option.
See this Also: How To Fix QuickBooks Error Code 1406?
Method 3: Getting the Window Updated to the Latest Release
The QuickBooks error 15104 may come up due to an outdated release of a window or it hasn’t been updated for a long period. So the user is required to get the window updated to the latest release because it will also be helpful in updating the other essentials of the Microsoft Windows components like MSXML, C++, and NET Framework that develop an essential prerequisite for smooth functioning of QuickBooks software application., implement the following steps.
- First, click on the Start Menu option and then search for Update in the Search Box. Now open Windows Update Window.
- After that, double-click on the Check for Updates tab. It will take time to search for new update
- Place a tick mark before all the important updates and go with the downloading of these updates.
- The next time, when the user starts his system, these updates will automatically start installing just after the boot screen.
- At last, launch QuickBooks and check if QuickBooks error 15104 eliminated.
Method 4: System Restore
If you find that the above-given methods could not troubleshoot QuickBooks error 15104 then, you need to restore your system. To overcome error 15104, you have to follow these steps to restore your system.
- First of all, open the System Restore Window on the system and then select Restore Point.
- Thereafter click on the option Scan for affected programs.
- Now, click on the Next tab and then hit Finish to end up the restoring process.
Read this Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code OL 334?
Hopefully, you will have fixed the QuickBooks error code 15104 successfully. The above-listed methods must prove to be successful to troubleshoot your problem. In case, if you fail to fix the error then, you can get help from us.
Other helpful resources: