Resolving QuickBooks Error 15102 when downloading payroll or QuickBooks Desktop Update
One of the common QuickBooks Error is 15102 which clients frequently get while downloading a finance or update QuickBooks desktop. In this article we will examine about its potential causes as well as ways of fixing this mistake. Subsequent to applying these given advances, you will ready to download the most recent finance update and QuickBooks Desktop update.
Why QuickBooks error 15102 happens?
- When QuickBooks Desktop is running in a terminal services environment in the multi-user mode.
- When a specified download location is inaccessible or invalid and the shared Download is turned on.
- This issue also happens if the user is not logged in as Windows Administrator or running the application as an Administrator and using Windows Vista.
You may also Also: How to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 15xxx(15000 series)?
How to resolve QuickBooks Payroll Error 15102?
Below are the steps you need to follow to resolve this issue. When it gets arranged you will actually want to download the most recent payroll update and QuickBooks Desktop update. What’s more, you likewise need an active payroll subscription.
Important: The error might occur on the off chance that you are not utilizing the most recent adaptation of QuickBooks Desktop. In that case, you have to reset your program then update and download the latest table tax again.
1. If you are using multi-user mode then switch to the single-user mode
2. Do ensure that the mapped file location is correct
- In order to open the Product Information window press ‘CTRL +1‘ and then find the mapped path for example ‘[x]:\[folder name]\[data file name]‘ and write it down.
- Select ‘Help‘ and Update QuickBooks.
- Now you have to click on the ‘Options tab‘ and ensure that the information in the Download location is correct.
- Also, note that the drive in the download location should be the same drive that appears in the Product Information window if shared Download is set to ‘Yes‘.
- Even the directory in the ‘Download Location‘ should be the same as the QuickBooks Desktop Installation directory and when shared it is set to ‘NO‘.
- In case the location is incorrect then change the state of the location and choose one of the following.
- Select ‘No‘ for Shared Download if ‘Yes‘ is selected for Shared Download. Click on ‘Save‘ but if ‘No‘ is selected for shared download then choose ‘Yes‘.
- Now click on ‘Save‘.
- After this Click close and download the latest tax table again.
3. Remap the drive to a new letter if the download location is correct
- The first thing to do is close the QuickBooks Company File.
- Now remap your network drive to a new letter.
- Open your company file by using the new mapped-drive letter.
- After this select ‘Help‘ and then ‘Update QuickBooks‘.
- Now ‘Click‘ on the ‘Options‘ tab.
- Now turn the shared Download off and then back on again.
- Also, check if the download location is using the new mapped-drive letter.
- Click on ‘Save‘ and then ‘Close’.
- After this is done download the latest tax table again.
Read This Also: How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 17337?
4. If you continue to have issues with Windows Vista, run QuickBooks Desktop as an administrator
- First right-click on the QuickBooks icon and choose Run as Administrator from the Desktop.
- Now click on continue when the User Account Control asks you to run this application.
- After this reset the QuickBooks updates.
I hope this article helps you to resolve QuickBooks Error 15102, If still, the problem persists then you can chat with us. Our QuickBooks Payroll Support experts will help you to find the best solution.
Read More Articles From Here: