Nowadays, millions of QuickBooks user encounters problems related to QB Payroll being unable to update. This problem generally appears with a QuickBooks error 15106. This software has never failed to amaze its users with its highly notable & beneficial features. But there are always some limitations and restrictions in the QB tool, one such issue is QB error 15106. There is no such problem in QuickBooks that cannot be resolved – Error 15106 is one of them.
In this blog, we have discussed QuickBooks error code 15106 and its causes. However, you can save your precious time and efforts by calling the QuickBooks error support team and performing the below given technical steps:
Possible Causes of QuickBooks Payroll Error 15106
QuickBooks users receive this error code with the warning or error messages on display.
“The update program is damaged”
“The update program cannot be opened”
The two major causes of this error code are given below:
- Antivirus or system security application installed in the machine
- There must be some limitation to writing or reading the new file because the QB user is not logged in as an administrator
Solution of QuickBooks Payroll Unable to Update Error Code 15106
Check out and perform the steps given below. It’s not necessary to complete all the steps you can try a few of them and try to download the latest tax table. However, you can get in touch with the QuickBooks Error support team to resolve the errors instantly.
- First, Login or sign in as a system administrator.
- Verify if you have any antivirus software running on the computer, for example, Webroot Spyware Sweeper.
- Now hit enter by following the Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys on the keyboard of your computer.
- Search for the Spy Sweeper.exe file on the Processes tab. If didn’t see any such option, go with step 4.
- Choose the Spy Sweeper.exe file and then End Process.
Note: If you receive an error, you suppose to uninstall the Webroot Spyware Sweeper by using Add/Remove Programs in Windows.
- Go to the C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks(year)\Components.
- Change the name of the downloadqbxx folder to downloadqbxx.old.
- Reset the QuickBooks Desktop update.
- In case, you are using the 64-bit – go to the C:\Program Files(x86)\Intuit\Quickbooks(year)\Components
- In the “downloadqbxx.old”, “xx” stands for the QuickBooks version year i.e. downloadqb18 for QuickBooks Desktop 2018.
- If the issue persists even and you are unable to update QuickBooks, disable your antivirus software.
- Next, disable Windows Defender on your computer.
- If you are a Windows 8 user – turn off the User Account Control (UAC) temporarily. Here are the steps to change UAC settings in Windows 10, 8.1, 8, and 7):
- Open the Run box by pressing the Windows+R keys.
- Type Control Panel in the open box and select OK.
- Select User Accounts and then select User Accounts (Classic View).
- Select Change user account control settings. (Note: Select Yes to continue if you receive a prompt).
- Move the slider and set it to Never Notify.
- Select OK to turn UAC OFF.
- If you have to turn UAC notifications on, select OK. (Note: Select Yes to continue if you receive a prompt).
- Restart the computer.
- If you are unable to download the updates – perform a clean install in the Selective Startup.
Get Instant Customer Help
It has been seen that many QB users face frustrating error codes and issues related to their accounting software. Due to this, we have a specialized team of Intuit QuickBooks Error Support. For any issue, you can directly contact us at our QuickBooks Payroll support team. We are always ready to help you with our 24-hour customer service facility.
Related helpful articles: