Troubleshooting Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error code 1406
What is QuickBooks Error 1406?
QuickBooks Error Code 1406 is reported while performing any task on QuickBooks. A competing third-party program running in the background is what causes this problem. QuickBooks error code 1406 takes place when you try to install any security program or firewalls in the system. You face this error when there is damage or corruption in your window registry.
This error lessens the efficiency of your work. So it is quite important to resolve this issue as soon as possible. If you are also spotting this error, you don’t need to worry because you are at the right place where you will get the complete solution to fix QuickBooks error code 1406 easily. Before fixing this error, you must go through the factors that provoke QuickBooks Error code 1406 and its symptoms.
Read Also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 12-0?
What Instigate QuickBooks Error code 1406?
- When there is corruption or damage in the window registry key.
- When there is third-party interference with your PC.
- Improper removal of QuickBooks-related files from your system by mistake may give rise to error 1406.
- The security software or firewalls can cause this error.
- If the downloaded location is not accessible.
- A corrupted window installer can provoke this error.
- When you don’t have login credentials to run window vista.
- When multiple users try to move QuickBooks on the computer at the same time.
The Signs or Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 1406
- An error message flashes on the screen of your system.
- Your input devices like the mouse and keyboard stop responding.
- Your system works sluggishly.
- Your system shuts down abruptly.
- Your PC starts crashing in between work.
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 9000?
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 1406?
Now, it’s time to fix this error so that you can do your work on QuickBooks without any interruption.
Method 1: Fixing Windows Registry
- First of all, press the Window+R keys together to open the Run command.
- Thereafter, type Regedit in the search field and then hit the Enter tab to open the registry editor window. After that, you are suggested to proceed to the path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\iaSTOR registry key.
- Make sure that the owner key and the sub key are assigned to the administrator group.
- And finally, end this process.
You might also like: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 3008?
Method 2: Give Permissions for the data.dat File
- First of all, press the Window+E keys together to open windows explorer.
- Thereafter move to Organize tab>>Folder and Search.
- After that, hit the View option.
- Now, you are required to select the Show hidden file and folder options.
- Ensure to tick the Hide protected S/O file option and then hit the OK tab.
- After that, move to “C: /users/all/users/Microsoft/Office/data.”
- Here, make right-click on the opa12.dat file for office 2007 and data.dat for office 2003.
- Now, select the Properties option and then hit the Security tab.
- After that, move to the Advanced option.
- Now, tap on the Permission tab and then select Permission Entries.
- Then, move to the list and click on the Edit option.
- Ensure to select the Full Control Box and hit OK to end the process.
Method 3: Use Clean Install Tool for System Configuration
- Initially, press the Window+R keys together to open the Run command.
- Thereafter, type MSconfig in the search field and hit the Enter key.
- After that, you have to select the Selective Startup and Load Startup items under the General tab.
- Next, click on Hide all the Microsoft services in the services tab.
- Herein, ensure to disable everything.
- After that hide all Microsoft services to reveal it.
- Now, check the services and ensure to select window installer.
- Now, you have to hit on the Restart option in the System configuration window.
- And finally, make use of the clean install tool to install, uninstall or reinstall the QuickBooks desktop software. Once the above-given steps are done successfully, you are recommended to go back to the normal startup mode. For this, press the Window+R keys together to open the Run command.
- Now, type MSconfig in the search field and hit the OK tab.
- Now, you have to select Normal Startup under the General tab.
- At last, hit OK. And, you are recommended to restart your pc and launch QuickBooks to check if the issue is solved.
Read this also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15105?
Although QuickBooks error code 1406 is very annoying and tricky yet you don’t need to worry because we have mentioned to you the best solutions to eliminate this error with simple sets of steps. However, if you are still receiving the same error frequently, contact our QuickBooks expert team by filling out the form given on our website.
Resolve QuickBooks Error Code C=47
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15204?