Quick Guide To Fix QuickBooks Error Code 140014
QuickBooks is an accounting software developed by intuit to manage and run all financial processes. It assists in creating and sending invoices, payment of bills, online transactions, tracking sales, and many more. It has been used by accountants, small and mid businesses, and bookkeepers all over the world. This is the first choice of financial institutions and even those who have very little knowledge of accounts because it is featured advanced tools. But we are also familiar with the fact that it encounters technical glitches while performing any task on it.
There might be thousands of error codes that make you frustrated but the good fact is that these errors can be removed easily by implementing some sets of steps. QuickBooks error code 140014 is one of them that is related to the connection between QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks POS (Point Of Sale). If you are also facing this error, you don’t need to panic. We will provide a perfect solution to get rid of this article. For this, you will have to read this article till the end.
Read Also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code C=47?
What is QuickBooks Error Code 140014?
QuickBooks error code 140014 occurs when there is an issue with the connection between QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks POS. Here, POS stands for Point Of Sale which is used by retail businesses to keep track of their sales. This error is reported when you try to link the Point Of Sale application with the QuickBooks desktop. When this error pops up an error message appears on the screen, “QuickBooks Error code 140014: QuickBooks POS cannot access your QuickBooks Financial Software Company File.” In the further article, you will know its causes and symptoms.
What Provokes the QuickBooks Error 140014?
- A damaged or corrupted mapping account might lead to QuickBooks error code 140014.
- When the QuickBooks desktop preferences display is opened.
- In case of issues with QuickBooks company files.
- When the exchanging data isn’t configured in QuickBooks.
- When the file linked with QuickBooks point of sale is not correct.
See this also: How To Fix QuickBooks Error Code 1406?
How to Resolve the QuickBooks Error Code 140014?
Method 1: Add a New Window User
- First of all, press the Start button and type the control panel in the search field.
- Thereafter, select the User Account tab and then move to Manage Accounts. Next, go to the Create a New Account option.
- After that, select Admin As User Type and then restart your system.
- Now, you have to pull the Bar Never Notify as the UAC window opens.
- At last, you are required to run QuickBooks Financial Exchange.
Method 2: Configure QuickBooks Point of Sale Preferences
- Initially, access the QuickBooks POS and then go to the File Menu>>Preferences tab.
- After that, select the Financial option and also make sure that the location of the file is correct.
- Next, move to the Setup QuickBooks Connection option.
- At last, you are required to reboot your system and check if the error has been removed.
Read Also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code OL 334?
Method 3: Repair QuickBooks Desktop and the Point of Sale
Repairing the QuickBooks Desktop
- First, press the window+R keys together to open the Run command.
- After that, type control in the search field and then hit the OK option.
- Then, you have to select the Program option and then select the Program and Features option. A list of downloaded programs will appear.
- Now, locate and choose QuickBooks desktop and hit the Install tab, and click Yes.
- After that, click on the Next tab and then on the Repair option.
- Next, you have to select the Next tab and hit the Repair tab again.
- Thereafter, hit the Automatically Close option and then restart the application.
- Now, hit click on the OK tab.
- This process may take time to be completed.
- At last, hit the Finish tab.
Repairing QuickBooks Point of Sale
- First of all, terminate the QuickBooks Point of Sale application.
- Thereafter, press the window+R tab to open the Run command.
- Now, type control in the search field and hit the OK tab.
- After that, go to the Program option >>Program and Features tab.
- Next, choose the QuickBooks Point of Sale version from the program list.
- Hit the Repair option and wait till the process ends.
Method 4: Work on UAC Settings and Turn it to Never Notify
- Firstly, you are required to proceed to Control Panel.
- Thereafter, make attempt to save User Account Control Settings.
- Then move to the Never Notify Bar from the slider.
- At last, you are suggested to restart your system and check if the issue has been resolved.
You might also like: How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code 1723?
Hopefully, this article must be helpful for you in eliminating QuickBooks error code 140014 successfully because we have given the best rectification methods along with their possible causes. However, if you are facing this error frequently, you are recommended to write us by filling out the form given on our website.
More Related Articles: