There is no doubt that this QuickBooks software is the most essential software program where it demands more in the universe. But sometimes users get frustrated when facing QuickBooks error code 1328. This problem frequently happens when we update QuickBooks software.
Note: When updating QuickBooks, Error Code 1328 can appear. It could show up as a single error or before another error, and also the files referenced by these errors are usually just like c: \ config.msi \ PT **. TMP. Error 1328 exists in different ways. Depending on the cause, there are several text options as well.
The picture that displays on your desktop is similar to the one below.
Note: The file name in the error message may not be the same as shown here, but the C:\config.msi\ path will be the same.
If you don’t know much about technology or don’t have much time to read this post, you can contact our QuickBooks enterprise support team for assistance to avoid wasting your time and energy.
What Causes QuickBooks error code 1328?
There are some possible reasons are given below:
- Troubles when downloading process is improper
- QB files get corrupted by this kind of error code 1328 occurs in such a situation while using QuickBooks
- The other reason behind this error is a network error that fails your downloading process as incomplete and the installation process is getting incomplete or not done in a good manner
- A malfunction arises in your system operations that cause an infectious attack in this software
- Common reasons include an incorrect or installation process gets failed when trying to do
- Unable to make an Un-installation of a software application that may have left invalid entries in your Windows registry
- Consequences of attack of a virus or malware
- The improper installation makes your system shut down due to a power failure.
You may also read: Methods to Restore files in QuickBooks Desktop
Troubleshooting of QuickBooks Update Error 1328
We have recommended the best solutions to resolve QuickBooks Error 1328 to continue working on QuickBooks software.
Solution 1: Locate the config.msi File
- Give a right click on the start key button & then choose to explore.
- Give a double-click on the ‘C’ drive key.
- This displays all your hidden files as folders.
- For this, you will need to click on tools options & after that choose a folder.
- Click to view the tab option & then select all hidden files as well as folders.
- Now click to apply all changes you have made & press the OK key button.
- To do so, this appears to operate all necessary system files.
- Give a right click on config.msi & choose to rename it.
- At the end of a filename, add old ^ and hit the enter key button.
- This will hide and protects your operating system files including all necessary hidden files & folders again on your system.
Solution 2: Use Registry Repair Tool
- You need to first apply any registry repair tool and repair the damaged registry Entries related to the QuickBooks application
- Use a malware removal tool, let us fix any type of malware infectious attack from your system, and get rid of all malware attacks from a computer device.
- You have to remove all the unwanted or junk files from your System.
- It is also important to uninstall all the outdated PC Device Drivers
- Let us restore by doing “Undo” through Recent System Changes, this applies to your Windows System.
- First, you need to uninstall and after it reinstalls the QuickBooks application
- Start to run your Windows System File Checker by doing the scanning.
- Ready to install all essential Windows Updates
Also read: Fix QuickBooks Error Code OL 203 and OL 204
Solution 3: Repair your QuickBooks Installation Process
- By asking administrative permissions, it requires logging through the windows.
- Now open your Windows control panel tab, and select programs & features.
- This will locate the QuickBooks product heading section, choose it, & then click to uninstall them by changing any button.
- Choose the repair option tab, when the QuickBooks installer appears
- Run QB application on your system, then need to apply patch when it completes.
- If a user is fortunate then only the patch will be applied.
- If yet troubling somewhere, take technical guidance or go to the next solution.
Solution 4: Re-install Using a Clean Installation
- First make an un-installation of a QuickBooks Software
- After this make a clean installation of this accounting software process.
- To do this you can select one of the given options that as discussed here.
- As discussed the first option is to make installation process of a QuickBooks as directly from the installation CD drive.
- Secondly a user can also be installed QuickBooks software through a downloaded file as given into your computer.
- Directly installed QuickBooks software from a CD, it’s too easy.
- Now ready to download or simply installed QuickBooks program with the help of a manual guide or a user can ask expert advice that is the best option to get quick assistance in less time.
Solution 5: Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- First of all, download and install QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool.
- After that save the file on your Desktop.
- Now close all the open programs and then run the QB Install tool.
Important: Installation process takes up to 20 minutes to complete depending on your internet speed and computer’s performance.
- Finally restart your system after running the tool to ensure the components are properly updated.
Fix Error 1328 when updating Point of sale v18 and v12 to latest release (r4 and r14)
Important information: The following problem notice always appears when a user downloads the most recent QuickBooks upgrades: “error 1328 followed by error 2350: FDI host.” Also, this error occurs while updating to the newest release of “QuickBooks Point of Sale V18 or V12” but it Failed to install the upgrade.
“Microsoft Install Error: Error, 1328. C:\Config.Msu\PTFB53.tmp.” It’s probably been updated by other methods, and it can no longer to modified by this patch”
We suggest the two procedures that may help you resolve this issue
- Rename the file “C:\Config.MSU\PTFB53.tmp” and then reinstall the patch.
- Perform a clean reinstall of Point of Sale then update or apply the patch again.
This error is also known as an FDI server error and it can occur when the update installer encounters a file of a different QuickBooks version than it expected. The most effective solution for this mistake is to repeatedly click the ignore button (up to 4 times).
We sincerely believe that the aforementioned approach will help you handle all of your issues and feel comfortable using QuickBooks. Further, have any queries then ask for expert guidance by contacting our QuickBooks Error Support team.
You May Also Like:
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 80070057?