Many times QuickBooks users encounter various errors while installing the software, one such bug is QuickBooks error code 1303. This type of error usually displays on the screen, when the installer does not have complete authority for accessing the directory, just like a path to the directory. If you are also facing any such error and want to know what all methods would work in fixing these types of errors, then this article will work in your favor.
This article is composed by an expert to fix this kind of error and the client will discover some doable solutions for investigating this error code in this article. In any case, a handy solution for the equivalent can be to reach out to experts of our QuickBooks Error support team. Our team will ensure to provide you with the best possible support in tackling these types of issues. The normal purpose for the event of this error can be the point at which the system isn’t having appropriate permissions. At the time of installing QuickBooks desktop, the following error prompts:
Error 1303: Installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory. “C:\…\Intuit”
Factors causing Error 1303
- This error can accompany basic computer usage. The user might stumble upon this type of error while uninstalling applications, updating applications, and manually changing to some Windows components.
- QuickBooks Error 1303 can also be seen, when the system is not having full control.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 1303
Talking about the steps to fix this bug, there comes two possible methods that the user can implement to change the authority settings for the system. Check out the quick fixes to the error.
- The user can create a utility that resets the system groups and all the group permissions settings to Windows default settings.
- The user can also change the permissions for the system by manual means in full control and folder C:\ Documents and Settings\All Groups for All Users.
The highlighted point noted here is that the utility won’t deal with Windows Vista as the file structures and permissions may be unique. The permissions can be adjusted manually, in case the error is also seen in Windows Vista.
RUNNING THE UTILITY:
- Click on the PermissionsFix.bat file.
- Click on save and save this file on the desktop of the system which has been affected.
- Now, double-click on the file. This will open the DOS window on the desktop screen. Type ‘y’ at prompt.
- This will reset the permissions of the folders that have been affected and will change settings to default.
- As the file runs, the user shall press any key to exit the DOS window.
- After all these steps, the user needs to insert the QuickBooks CD and try again to install it.
Note: To initiate the script, you must type ‘y’ in lowercase.
ADJUSTING PERMISSIONS MANUALLY
For manually adjusting permissions, the user is supposed to have full control of the system and everyone group for the folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.
For Microsoft Windows Vista
There are a few steps for changing permission-
- Firstly, Click on the Start button
- As the start menu opens up, the user can now click in the Start Search area. Enter the path C:\ProgramData\COMMON FILES\ and then click OK. This will open the window with the folder.
- In this window, hit Organize and select Properties.
- After that, the user is required to select the Security window in the property section
- And then click on the Advanced button
- Click ‘Edit’ and then again on the next screen
- Scroll down to the list of permission entries and double-click on the system user
- In the Allow column, the user is required to select the checkbox for the full control row and then click the OK button.
- The user is required to check the boxes that have been labeled with the heritage permissions on all descendants with legacy permissions from this object. Now, in the Advanced Security Settings window and in the COMMON FILES properties window, click OK.
- Install QuickBooks.
If the error still persists, follow the steps below:
- Right-click on the Start button and click on Explore
- Choose the Tool menu and select Folder.
- After that Click on the View tab and scroll down to Advanced Settings List
- Now click on ‘Use simple file sharing to clear the box’
- Finally, Click on OK and Install the QuickBooks.
Read Also: Steps to Resolve QuickBooks error code 1310
The methods stated above will help the users to resolve QuickBooks error code 1303. But in case the error is not resolved, you can contact our Intuit-certified QuickBooks Error Support team. Our specialists are accessible nonstop and will give the most ideal help with fixing the error code 1303.
More helpful blogs
Fix QuickBooks Error code 1311
How to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 3371 status code 11118?
Steps to Install, Update, and Set up the QuickBooks Database Server Manager