It is quite evident that QuickBooks is the foremost & premium accounting online payroll management software used in millions of business entities of a wide range of sizes, all around the world. This famous software is much more renowned for its advantageous benefits such as generating invoices, payroll, scheduling payments, accounting & bookkeeping. In this article, we will let you know the complete insight into the QuickBooks error Code 12031 and its causes.
It happens that time-to-time being a QuickBooks user, you will face error codes related to QuickBooks installation, updates, integration, or data recovery. Well, by applying the apt solution for these errors – you can solve these QuickBooks error codes immediately.
Below we are going to discuss more on QuickBooks Update Error 12031 to ensure that you can resolve this issue swiftly by yourself.
You may also see: How to Repair QuickBooks with QuickBooks Repair Tools?
What is QuickBooks Error Code 12031?
The QB Update Error 12031 usually occurs when the QB users try to attempt to refresh the QuickBooks software or while refreshing the QuickBooks payroll services. This frustrating and dire QuickBooks error was caused when the network timeout, it put the QB users in hassle while operating the QuickBooks software.
QuickBooks Update Error 12031 generally happens when the firewall & other system security software are highlighted in trouble due to improper or incorrect configuration.
Important Note: It is highly recommended that being a QB user – you first need to verify the configuration of the PC as well firewall. If in case, the configuration is blocking access or identifying QuickBooks as a threat to the computer. The QB users are supposed to reconfigure it as soon as possible.
Causes Behind QuickBooks Error 12031
Check out the list of causes due to which QuickBooks Update Error 12031 occurs.
- Internet Connectivity Problem.
- When Internet Explorer is not set as the default browser.
- The antivirus (security software) & firewall setting is blocking the path of connection due to incorrect/improper configuration.
- The SSL setting is improper or incorrect.
Solution for QuickBooks Error Code 12031
Check out the list of methods with which you can easily fix the QuickBooks error code 12031.
- First of all, you need to Hit click on the Help tab
- Then Select the Internet Connection Setup.
- Now Select “Use my computer’s Internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the Internet”.
- Select the “Next” and then, “Done” button
- Try the update process again:
- QuickBooks 2008 & later: Go to “Help” => “Update QuickBooks” => “Update Now”.
- QuickBooks 2006 & earlier: Go to “File” => “Update QuickBooks” => “Update Now”.
- Select the “Update Now” tab
- Choose the “Reset Update” Later, select the “Get Updates” tab.
- Probably, the QB program still not works. In that case, you just have to simply check the following elements:
- Internet connection & troubleshooting instructions for payroll errors.
- Internet security & firewall setting.
- In QuickBooks, open the “Internet Connection Setup” option
- Choose the “Internet Properties”.
- Choose the “Advanced” tab in the drop-down option of Internet properties.
- Make sure that the advanced setting is the same as you want.
- Finally, hit the “Apply” and “OK” buttons.
- Close or shut down the QuickBooks application.
- Choose the Internet Explorer browser.
- Select “Tools” and then, choose “Internet Options”.
- Choose the “Security” tab => “Globe” icon => “Content” tab
Note: Ensure that the content advisor says Enable.
- If the content advisor says “Disable“, then type in the password & disable “content advisor“.
- Perform the following steps by choosing the “Connections” tab:
- While not using the dial-up-node (DUN) on the system – it is recommended for you choose the “Never Dial a Connection option” tab.
- Ensure that the correct “ISP” is selected.
- Click the “OK” button.
- Choose the “LAN SETTINGS” tab at the bottom.
- Ensure that the “automatically detect setting” box is checked.
- Make sure that the “Use a Proxy Server” box is clear.
- Click “OK” on the “LAN settings display“
- Select the “Advanced” tab
- Choose the “Restore Advanced Settings”
- In the “Settings” option, locate the “Use TLS 1.0”, “Use TLS 1.1” & “Use TLS 1.2” option
- Ensure that the “Use TLS 1.0” is checked.
- Ensure that the “Use TLS 1.1” & “Use TLS 1.2” is unchecked.
- Close or shut down the Internet Options window and then, select the “OK” tab
- Close Internet Explorer & Restart the computer.
- Hit the QuickBooks software icon on the desktop and turn it on. Once again try to update the QB to verify if the error still persists or not.
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 9995?
We understand the situation when the users face QuickBooks error code 12031 while using the QuickBooks software. To deliver the best solution to the issues such as QB installation, QB updates, QB integration, QB data recovery, and QB errors – we suggest you take help from our certified professionals. We, Host Docket provide QuickBooks error support services globally. In case of emergency or quick support for QuickBooks, you can get in touch with us via chat support.
You May also like
Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code 12157
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12152