QuickBooks is the most popular financial and accounting tool used all over the world. It manages all accounting and bookkeeping activities in a convenient way. Although, It is packed with great features and functionalities yet many errors encounter frequently while performing any task on it. Every application running on windows needs permission and administrative rights to perform any task. In absence of this permission, an error might encounter. QuickBooks error code 12 0 is also such an error. So, in this article, you will go through the QuickBooks error code 12 0.
What is QuickBooks Error Code 12 0?
QuickBooks error code 12 0 pops up when QuickBooks does not have proper permission and administrative rights. This error is very tricky and the user faces this error due to insufficient admin right or the system settings are not configured properly. When this error pops up, an error message is displayed on the screen of your system, “we’re sorry, QuickBooks encountered a problem… error codes (-12. 0). you don’t need to worry at all; we will give the perfect solutions to get rid of this error. But before fixing this error you need to know about its causes and its effects.
The Factors that are responsible for QuickBooks error code 12 0
- A damaged widow registry may lead to QuickBooks error code 12 0.
- When the files are deleted or missing from the registry, you may face this error.
- In case of a malfunctioning system.
- When there is incorrect user input.
- If there are wrong entries of non-existing programs, you may encounter this error.
- When the software isn’t completely installed.
How does QuickBooks Error Code 12 0 Affect You?
- An error message prompts on the screen of your system.
- Your system starts crashing and freezing frequently.
- Your system takes time to respond.
- Your system gets shut down all of a sudden to avoid any harm to the system.
Read this also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 213?
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 12 0?
Now, we will reveal the multi solutions to fix this Quickbooks error 12 0. If any of the solutions don’t work, you can try another one. It is not necessary that every solution could work on every system as the configuration of every system varies.
Method 1: Enabling Permission
- First of all, right-click the Client data option and then select the Properties tab.
- After that, hit on the Security tab.
- Now, you are needed to check whether you have permission to access the file or not.
- If you don’t have then provide the necessary permission.
- At last, open the Company File and check if the error is removed or not.
Method 2: Use the Scan Now Command
The scan now command is used to scan the system for junk files and fix the issues up to a certain extent.
- The initial step of this method is to hit the Start button.
- Thereafter, type the command in the search field and hit the Enter button.
- After that, press the Ctrl+Shift keys together and then hit the Enter button.
- This will open the Permission Dialogue Box and you have to click on the Yes tab.
- Once you have done so, a black box with a blinking cursor will show here.
- Now, type SFC\scannow in the black box and then hit the Enter button.
- This will scan the error and any other system file issues.
- At last, you are required to continue with on-screen prompts and end the process.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 163?
Method 3: Opt for System Restore
- Firstly, hit the Start button and type system restore in the search field, and then hit the Enter tab.
- Thereafter, click on the System Restore tab under the results section and also enter the admin password. After that, you are required to follow all the necessary steps shown in the wizard to pick a restore point.
- At last, restore the system and get ready to work on QuickBooks.
Method 4: Enabling the QBdataserviceuser23 Service
- First of all, you are required to verify the QuickBooks version.
- If you are accessing QuickBooks, it means the service will be QBdataserviceuser23.0.
- After that, proceed to Service.MSC and then verify whether the service given has stopped or not.
- Thereafter, click on QBdataserviceuser23 and then go to the Properties tab. If the service has stopped, click on the start service option.
- And finally, you are highly recommended to reopen QuickBooks and check if the error is fixed.
You might like: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 248?
Hopefully, the above-given information about the QuickBooks error code 12 0 must be proved helpful for you and you will have eliminated the same error successfully. Still, if you are encountering this error again and again then reach out to us by filling out the form given on our website.
See More Related Articles:
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code TD 500?