Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Error 106 168 or 324
One of the most common error codes that QuickBooks users commonly receive is QuickBooks Error 106 168 or 324. This error code is described as Online Banking Errors that occur when QuickBooks Online fails to find the account or accounts while logging in to your online banking on that bank’s website. One reason behind the eruption of these errors can be that your bank has closed your account and thus the detail isn’t displayed on the bank’s site.
QuickBooks is a versatile accounting software trusted by millions of business owners. The software assists business persons to handle their finances and managing their businesses with ease. However, there might be times when a user may come across one or more errors while using the software, despite it being a cutting–edge software.
What are the reasons for QuickBooks Error 106 168 or 324 in online banking?
Reasons to display errors.
- The previous version of QuickBooks is to blame for these errors.
- Sometimes it happens as a result of a server malfunction.
- The problem could be caused by file corruption.
- or the removal of a crucial file or transaction
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 106 168 or 324?
- Error 324 can be simply resolved by clicking the link at the end of the error message. The link will read “Reconnect my account link.” Once you click the link, follow the steps that are prompted to choose your updated account with your bank.
- In case, the “Reconnect my account link” is not available, neither any other indication of an issue or maintenance on the website of your bank or credit card. You can check if you can put in your updated bank details within QuickBooks Online. Click the Update button. Running manual updates during peak banking hours may take a very long. Thus attempt to do so during non-peak hours.
- Try to log in to your bank’s website using the URL you are provided with online banking.
For U.S. customers with Well Fargo
If you are trying to set up the connection to your Wells Fargo personal account or business account, this error may pop up due to the method your bank uses to provide us with your details. In order to see the lost account and successfully connect it with QuickBooks Online,
You can follow the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps:
- Go to the website for Wells Fargo internet banking.
- On the first web page under Account Summary, go to drop down option and choose your business account
- Click Go.
- Select “Set as Default View.”
- Now, log in to QuickBooks Online and set up the connection in Wells Fargo online banking. You will not be able to find both the personal and business accounts as the default view simultaneously. And for that reason, you’ll be required to switch these on their site. Each time you’d go on to upgrade your personal and business accounts in QuickBooks Online for the non-default account.
The above-mentioned troubleshooting steps should be able to help you fix QuickBooks Error 106 168 or 324. If in case the problem exists even after trying all the given solutions, or you have any queries, you can contact our QuickBooks help & support team. We are available round the clock and are known to offer the best solutions on the first point of contact.
Similar blogs for QuickBooks online