For any QuickBooks user who aspires to work on payroll, it is quite essential to at least know how one gets started with QuickBooks payroll. We will now start with Payroll Service Key. You get this 16-digit key when you purchase/buy QuickBooks Payroll. This key is specific to your EIN and payroll service. When you will try to activate the payroll service in your QB file, you will have to enter this security key.
Steps to Enter or Edit Your Payroll Service Key:
Follow the steps given below and you will be able to enter or edit your Payroll Service Key:
- Obtain the service key that you will get in your email.
- In case you have not received your service key, then you can use the automated service key retrieval tool.
- Now, sign in through your Intuit Account and retrieve your service key.
Reasons Behind Not Working an Automated tool Maybe:
There are some reasons behind the non-working of the automated tool:
- There may be multiple payroll orders in the system for your company
- If the payroll product has been purchased from a retail store
- If the phone number of your business that you have provided does not match what Intuit has saved on its file.
- Open the QuickBooks Service keys window.
- In case there is no payroll service in your company file, then you can choose Employees > Payroll > Enter Payroll Service Key.
- And if you have a payroll service in your company, then choose Employees > My Payroll Services > Manage Payroll Services
Go to QuickBooks Service Keys window and then Enter your service key
- Select Add, if no payroll service has been listed.
- Choose Edit if payroll service is listed.
- Select Edit again and take note of the service key.
- Go to QuickBooks Desktop and remove the payroll service key.
- Select Next and check if any message of Payroll Update appears.
- If yes, press Ok
- Finally, Now check and verify the Service Status if it shows ACTIVE.
- If the status is Active then press OK.
After all these steps, you will able to enter and edit the service key. If you face an issue, you can call on our QuickBooks payroll support and get the desired support from our experts.