Learn how to use your QuickBooks Desktop from home and your office:
Nowadays, QuickBooks software is one of the most reliable and trusted accounting & financial management software for business. QuickBooks accounting software offers some beneficial and unique features that are especially built-in to deliver the best accounting experience to the users. The simple UI of QuickBooks adds more to its value as a non-technical or non-accountant can also use it easily. With businesses going global and an increasing number of users getting inclined towards working from a remote location, the need for remote accessibility of accounting data has grown exponentially. In this article, we are going to provide the best of our knowledge to access the QuickBooks desktop remotely or QuickBooks remote access. Also, you can ask your queries directly to our accounting experts by dialing our QuickBooks enterprise support to save you time and effort.
Just because of these spectacular reasons, QuickBooks software covers almost 73% of the accounting & bookkeeping market sphere in the United States. We all wonder and want to know how to access QuickBooks desktop remotely as sometimes we can’t operate on the desktop. We will be discussing the facts associated with QuickBooks remote access in this article in detail.
You may also read: How to activate the QuickBooks desktop?
Insight into QuickBooks Remote Access
In simple words, QuickBooks Remote Access is one of the safest and most secure servers with the help of which the users can access the system from any other computer with an Internet connection. QuickBooks Remote makes it easy for users to access QuickBooks, email, and other programs & documents regardless of place and time. It also allows the users to transport a file or folder between machines. Without any difficulty, QuickBooks remotely allows printing documents from a remote computer to a local printer.
Advantages of QuickBooks Desktop Remote Access
With the help of the WebEx tool that supports online meetings & communication services, the user can easily and swiftly access the QuickBooks software from anywhere, at any time.
- The user can import/export a QB file or a whole folder from one system to another and vice versa
- Also, this software saves traveling time and office infrastructure costs for accounting purposes
- Another benefit that it offers is that Copying & Paste between the remote machines and local PCs is possible
- It is possible for the users to effortlessly and smoothly print, from the remote system to a local printer
- Clients or managers can without any hassle track or trace the activities or actions of the accountants
- Lastly, one of the basic purposes served by this accounting software is that multiple users can work together on the same QuickBooks file
QuickBooks Remote Access Cost
The user will have to pay for the QuickBooks Remote Access software. As it is not free..! It is accessible in two different versions.
- Full Desktop Access ($99.75/month)
- QuickBooks Access ($77.95/month)
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks display issues?
What are the supported Remote access options for QuickBooks?
Hosting QuickBooks Desktop on Cloud: The very first option is hosting QuickBooks desktop on the cloud, as Authorized hosting of QuickBooks desktop software on any third-party servers is now permitted by Intuit. The authenticated users can access the QuickBooks installed on the server of hosting providers from anywhere via the Internet.
Using QuickBooks remote access tool: This option is suggested by the experts as this tool can easily connect to the remote system that has the QuickBooks accounting software installed in it. The basic tasks such as copying files from local to remote and vice versa, printing files using local printers, accessing QuickBooks data folders and files remotely, etc. can be smoothly performed by this tool.
Switching to QuickBooks Online: The third and last option that the users have is to switch to QuickBooks Online (QBO) from QuickBooks desktop. For the ones who don’t know what is QuickBooks online, it is basically a solution from Intuit working entirely on the cloud and increasing the efficiency of the software. The user can access QuickBooks from any device that has an internet connection.
Read Also: How to Recover QuickBooks password?
Easy Steps to Access the QuickBooks Desktop Remotely
- First of all the user should visit the Intuit Inc. official website and then sign up for the QuickBooks Remote Access
- After that Log-in the account credentials such as registered mail ID, password, etc. on the QuickBooks Remote Access website. It should be noted that before login, the user should launch the Web browser on the system through which you need to access the QuickBooks software remotely
- Once done with that, download the remote access tool installation file, followed by tapping the “Setup computer” icon
- Now, in the “Nickname” field, the user has to type in the System nickname, and then tap on the “Next” icon
- Moving ahead, the user is supposed to tick the checkbox next to the options to initiate each time a remote session is logged in. The options include: “Automatically reduce screen resolution to match”, “Use full-screen view by default”, “Disable this computer’s keyboard and mouse” and “Make this computer’s screen blank”
- Jumping on to the next step, the user is supposed to tick the checkbox next to the applications, in order to attain access remotely on this system
- Click the “Next” button
- Coming to the end of the process, the user needs to tick mark the box for the authentication option to use. In that case, the user can enter a passcode or can also use a phone number. When you access the QuickBooks desktop remotely, the passcode option permits you to enter the passcode on the login page. The phone number option needs that the tools call the user and then prompt them for accessing the code each time.
- The final step is to hit the “Finish” button
Read This Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 17337?
Alternate Way for Remote Accessing QuickBooks
- In this process, the very first step is to launch the Web browser on the system, after which log in to the account via the QuickBooks Remote Access website.
- The user is then required to check out the box that was used earlier to define the system nickname, along with that hit the “Connect” icon.
- The user is required to authorize the desktop by using the password or by means of phone authentication. In case the remote tool calls the user and prompts for a passcode, then in that case, the user is supposed to enter the passcode on the phone.
- To end the process, hit the “Remote Access” drop-down menu, followed by opting for “End QuickBooks Remote Access Session”.
With this, we come to the conclusion of this post, and we expect that information that we have tried to convey with the help of this article might help the user in accessing QuickBooks desktop remotely. If in case, you are having any queries or facing any kind of difficulties – you can contact our QuickBooks-certified experts and technicians. Our QuickBooks ProAdvisors will look forward to your concern and provide you with a feasible solution for your all accounting problems. Thus, do not hesitate in talking to our technical support team.
You’ll also like
How to set up email service on QuickBooks desktop?